Mudflaps - Thanks Ad Lav

So the mud flaps I bought from Ad Lav arrived yesterday. When I got up today it was dry and sunny if a little windy. So decided to give the car a wash and fit them. True to form just as I finished washing it the rain came on so have to tidy the garage so I could get the car undercover as I'd decided that they were getting fitted today ???? so here's the proof.

post-26460-0-62846400-1393354768_thumb.jpg

They fit quite well, so well in fact it's kinda hard to see them at all.

post-26460-0-74209100-1393354796_thumb.jpg

post-26460-0-33041900-1393354808_thumb.jpg

They seem rather small? Don't know how best to post pictures. I tried searching but couldn't find any answers. I'm sure I'm just looking in the wrong places ????

• Like 1

The wheels are winter tyres on Beetle alloys, my 17"Camelots are tucked up nice and warm waiting on the better weather.

That answers my first question!

Look good mate. Subtle. May get some to attempt to keep my white car slightly less dirty....

Sent using my right thumb

• Like 1

Can't comment on how well they work as I've not driven it since fitting them but surely they must help a bit. I forgot that black cars are just as hard to keep clean as white ones. I said my previous black car would be my last.....

..... Remembered that about 3 days after buying my Rapid, oh well. Easiest car I've had to keep clean was my Sprint yellow Fabia VRS (oh how I miss that car). It did get dirty but as it did the whole car got progressively darker yellow. You didn't really notice how dirty it was until you started to wash it.

• Like 2

Update.....

Whilst I wasn't expecting miracles (they are just small mudflaps) after a trip out in the horrible wet not niceness the car is much cleaner that it would have ordinarily been so the mudflaps do work quite well :D

Edited by Kenny.j
  • Like 1

Damn it was you that beat me to it :( haha looks good

Sorry mate :D I guess the old saying if you're not fast your last applies. Makes a pleasant change it's normally me that's pipped at the post. :P

Hi Kenny.J

I have ordered a Rapid 1.4 TSI SE DSG and pick it up this weekend in Rochdale. :hi:

You mentioned "So the mud flaps I bought from Ad Lav" is this a source or what?

Where is the best place to buy accessories and what accessories would you recomend. (bought spare wheel and reversing sensors being fitted)

BTW my daughter stays in Bridgecastle up behind Bathgate :happy:

Elliott fae Perth

Hi Kenny.J

I have ordered a Rapid 1.4 TSI SE DSG and pick it up this weekend in Rochdale. :hi:

You mentioned "So the mud flaps I bought from Ad Lav" is this a source or what?

Where is the best place to buy accessories and what accessories would you recomend. (bought spare wheel and reversing sensors being fitted)

There's lots of places, Superskoda is I think a favourite on here and of course you're own local dealer (although that may work out more expensive) :D

I got lucky and got a good deal from another BriSkoda member :)

I got mine from a dealer, there wasn't much in it in terms of price. There are dealers on eBay but they add on P&P, easier to head down to your local and pick some up. 

Note that you have to drill holes in the wheel arch (at the bottom) or use a hole cutter of some sort to fit, there's no pre-drilled holes. I can post pics if anyone is interested; I have a white Rapid and it does make a difference IMO. 

I got mine from a dealer, there wasn't much in it in terms of price. There are dealers on eBay but they add on P&P, easier to head down to your local and pick some up. 

Note that you have to drill holes in the wheel arch (at the bottom) or use a hole cutter of some sort to fit, there's no pre-drilled holes. I can post pics if anyone is interested; I have a white Rapid and it does make a difference IMO. 

i would appreciate some fotos pls.

i thought they would fit in at the holes of the wheel arch...

i would appreciate some fotos pls.

i thought they would fit in at the holes of the wheel arch...

I'll get some tomorrow. I should have worded it differently. It does fit behind the wheel arch trim so uses those holes but there is a hole you need to drill at the bottom of the arch yourself; there's no predefined hole there. Hard to explain, hopefully the pics make more sense.