Dipped beam indicator & warning chime.

007lookalike

Hi all,

I noticed that the green indicator light in the dash was not illuminating when I had the dipped beam headlights on.
(full beam/fogs/reversing indicators still work)
I then noticed that the 'left lights on' warning chime/beep didn't sound when I turned off the ignition and opened the door.
I assumed a simple fuse but can't find any 'blown'? Also no fault warnings displayed.

All lights are still working so wasn't going to take it in to the dealer until next service.
Any advice please?

The warning chime doesn't sound when dipped headlights are selected as they turn off with the ignition......  Is there not just an indicator light on the switch itself not the instrument cluster?

You're right about the warning chime, never spotted that before (but then I do keep my lights on auto most of the time anyway).  It only chimes if you leave the side/parking lights on on their own.

My Yeti does have a dipped beam indicator light in the instrument panel.  The headlight icon on the switch doesn't illuminate when you select headlights - possibly because it might be confusing to see a illuminated "dipped beam" icon on the switch when you have selected main beams.  The switch icon for the side/parking lights setting does light up when you select side/parking lights, and stays illuminated when you select headlights.  Do the side/parking lights stay on with the headlights?  (It's sunny here just now so difficult to check!)  If they do then presumably they go off with the headlights when you take the key out of the ignition ie they only stay on if you have selected them on their own.

Edited by ejstubbs

I am sure I have read on here that there is now no dipped beam indicator light in the instrument panel. Or am I wrong again...

My FL no longer has the dipped beam indicator, and I think there was a mention of some of the pre FL yetis not having it anymore,   

Hi, just checked my pre F/L.

Light switch lights up when side and/or headlights turned on. No light in instrument dials.

If side lights on and open door, sound pings. If heads on and open door, no ping.

All the lights go out (if turned on) when taking key out of ignition.

Only warning in instruments is for main beam on (blue light).