Skoda vRS - front grill

Karfi

Hello everybody,

I'm a new member here...

I'm looking for somebody willing to help me with my front grill. I'd like to change the colour of my front grill (surrounding) from chrome to black. I live in Bristol. Has anybody got experience with it or is able to do it for me for little cash? Please let me know.

Thank you very much!

:)

post-113348-0-40657700-1393506515_thumb.jpg

PlastiKote's the future :) Plastikote primer and then a coat or two of Plastikote black. Don't know if you have a store called 'The Range' in Bristol but they sell it at ~£5.99 a can.

The chrome grill surround just unclips I suspect.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/plasti-kote-metal-primer-grey-400ml/25368?kpid=25368&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&gclid=CPC60pi07LwCFSTkwgod9gQASA

http://www.screwfix.com/p/plasti-kote-super-multipurpose-spray-paint-gloss-black-400ml/76176

Lee01, thank you for quick reply...

Please see the picture below. That's the result I'm looking for. Nice gloss black NOT matt or plastidip. Can I do it with the items (sprays) you have sent me as an example? If yes, what is the proper procedure? Do I have to use sand paper to take off the chrome coat?

post-113348-0-86566100-1393510684_thumb.jpg

Not done it personally but a lot of folk recommend sanding the chrome back to give the primer something to key into.

Those items should be fine, the black is a gloss black but I don't know just how glossy.

• 3 weeks later...

I used "Black Magic" spray can from Halfords for mine as I didn't want matt black either and "normal" gloss such as "piano" was a bit plain. I sanded the chrome off but later found out you can soak it in a bath of toilet bleach to remove it. The benefit of that is the finish ;) 

Personally, I stuck it in a body shop after and asked them to spray it as I wanted it to be perfect, something that I didn't achieve the first time round :D 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...