My Facelift vRS slow build....

DanBoy

Gave calipers a quick clean, they could do with a repaint but they will do for now.

brakes1_zps94a30497.jpg

Finally got all the other parts needed so will be having it all fitted on Friday :)

aa087393-e9f9-409b-b4b6-201d9cfcf1c4_zps

Had my R32 brakes now fitted, although the wheels are rather close to the calipers so I've ordered some 10mm spacers to move them away slightly.

fitted1_zpsbc41e7a6.jpg

fitted3_zpsa8aa316d.jpg

Just need to give it a clean again soon.

• Like 1

I had to put the front wheels on 10mm spacers as the calipers were ever so slightly rubbing against the back of spokes, I shall also be ordering up some new 19's towards the end of the month too which I'm slightly excited about :D

Ordered up some new bits to fit later in the month.

H&R front and rear anti roll bars.

hr1_zpsffe8bade.jpg

hr2_zpsefb7118d.jpg

As I've already got the H&R 10mm spacers on the front to move the front wheels off my R32 calipers I've got some 20mm spacers to go on the back end.

hr3_zpsaaca1087.jpg

And then finally I ordered some brand new OE suspension arm bushes/brackets, just got to get the bushes removed as I've got some Powerflex bushes to go in the brackets.

hr4_zpsf1fb1522.jpg

Will be ordering up some more parts in a few weeks time lol.

Car is coming along nicely.

I think you may have some bother with the 20mm spacers on the rear,

I have 16mm hubcentric on the rear of mine and something give a rub on the high jumps.

Car is coming along nicely.

I think you may have some bother with the 20mm spacers on the rear,

I have 16mm hubcentric on the rear of mine and something give a rub on the high jumps.

I'll try them and see how it goes as I still want to change the suspension on mine as it sits too high for my liking.

• Like 1

I'll try them and see how it goes as I still want to change the suspension on mine as it sits too high for my liking.

I forgot to mention. Mine is standard height.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've not been having much joy lately, the anti roll bar set I bought the garage couldn't fit as they don't come with brackets so I took them back and will find something else, will end up just getting a rear one I think.

Then I had quite bad wobbles through the steering caused by the spacers I had on the front to move the wheel away from the calipers as they aren't hubcentric.

So today all 4 wheels came off and I fitted 10mm hubcentric spacers on each corner with longer wheel bolts and now that's all been tracked up my car is driving as it should be again. The only thing I need to do is source some decent longer locking bolts as the ones on ebay look like they will break quite easily.

space1_zpsdb94c5f7.jpg

space2_zpsb6f0e8b5.jpg

space3_zps4af5c2e5.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Not done much other than use it and enjoy it lately, although I have banging around in my boot a set of H&R 50mm springs as I want the car that bit more lower lol, so I'll try and get them fitted this month if I get the chance :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've actually done something with my car lol, although someone has put some dings in my bodywork I'll have to get that sorted at somepoint.

Fitted a K&N 57S Airbox to mine which imo made a huge difference to the way it drives :)

air1_zps538f7ca1.jpg

air2_zps422892e1.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Excellent choice, a lot of bmw lads run these. May need to upgrade brakes think they could look a little lost behind these?

My fronts are upgraded to the 345mm R32 set up, hoping to finally get these on next week as funds wouldn't allow beginning of the month, getting bored of them sat in the shed for now lol.

Finally a happy bunny, tyres are now ordered up so I can off my old wheels next week and get them sold on :) really can't wait to see how the car looks with its new wheels on although I think it will need to be lowered more afterwards.