Decent Garage In South Manchester

MozzieOwner

Need to sort out the front wheel bearing plus a few other niggles.

Anyone used a garage and would use again?

A garage I normally use has dropped a clanger (and it dosn't sound or feel right now) so once other car fixed won;t be using them.

Sale Moor MOT: little, privately-owned garage, about 3 mechanics plus proprietor, Ian Thornley. Good Garage Scheme.  Will be going back to them when my Fab comes out of its Skoda service plan.

Marsland Road, Sale Moor, M33 3HQ

No connection, just a loyal customer.

Just had an MOT, replacement Wing Mirror back (panted in body colour) and LED insert strip for wing mirror for about £120 at Glen Harrop in Stretford (right next to Motorway-M60). Very punctual and keeps you informed by phone or text. Plus they have a great dog in the office :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Barry and Wilkinson Wythenshawe. Look after staff from the hospital, a lot of return business, my wife put me on to them and I have been pleased with their work and so has she and her colleagues.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Lee in Royton ( not too far from Sth Manc really - about 20 mins north of Mcr, 10 mins from J22 M60 or 2 mins off J20 M62)  for last 4 years.

Sole trader with the tidiest garage I have ever seen.

Happy with all he has done, and he will be the man to care for the new (to me) 2010 Octavia estate too. 

http://apopandagumshield.wordpress.com/2011/09/16/lees-automotive-repair-royton-oldham/

Reviews here -

http://uk-mkivs.net/topic/34875-motion-lees-garage-worth-writing-home-about/page-10

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Pegs, on 22 Mar 2014 - 09:34, said:snapback.png

I had my Roomster serviced at Votex in Congleton depends how south you are or if you wish to travel excellent people to deal with.

This! 

I'm puzzled by this post by Rover 220 please expand and enlighten me 

Well I am not the OP, but am glad you all answered as I was just about to post a new topic asking the same question.

I got a 2002 Fabia SDI that is having the dreaded Power Steering Light, started intermittent, now permenant. Car has had new battery by me in October (When I got the car) and previous owner had put in new Alternator last summer when light first came on.

So am looking for a garage I can trust to quote me to fix. The steering still seems powered, but the light is on all the time now. Car is only worth £500 so dont want to spend a fortune on it so looking for a garage that knows its stuff and will have dealt with the power steering side of things before.

Will give those mentioned above a shout, but if any of you know any good power steering people in the North West then give me a shout, or if any members got good diagnostic skills am more than happy to pay for thier time to have a look and tell me its economic to repair.

Cheers All

Andy :-)

Would still suggest Lee in Royton. 

We have used him for about 4 years, he has looked at stuff/diagnosed things FOC in the past, and seems to know his stuff whilst being very helpful.  He was recommended to us, which is always a good sign, and we are happy to recommend him to others- the people on the VW forum via the links above seem to rate him too.

You get none of the main dealer / big garage B.S. when he explains stuff.