Parking sensor acting up

@Lee

From outside the vehicle working at the front left to right, number two sensor (next to the number plate) seems to be showing a fault ( not much info ATM, SWMBO relayed this to me over the phone)

I did ask if there was any dirt covering the sensor but she said it was dark andt there didn't seem to be.

Is there anything else it could be i.e. loose wiring, water ingress etc?

How easy would it be to check? 

I can't check it until tomorrow but thought I'd ask in advance.

Thanks in advance,

Lee.

What's the fault Lee? Something the missus diagnosed over VCDS :) or is it just not working or working all the time?

Thanks for the speedy reply, Sparkly. It's probably fixed itself now. I'll go back to reading about rivals to the Yeti and MkII Yeti topics ;)

I'll plug it in later and inspect it to see what's what myself :p

• Like 1

I'd clear it with VDCS, see if it manually works by driving close to something and hope it's a glitch.

Dirt etc... doesn't stop them working as far as I know.

• Like 1

I'd clear it with VDCS, see if it manually works by driving close to something and hope it's a glitch.

Cheers, Richard. I've got a 'dumb' cable and Lite. I'll give it a whirl later :)

Oh and 104 views includes google and browsers who never post and are not even registered. ;)

I didn't realise all those views were counted, I thought it was just registered users :giggle: 

• Like 1

I didn't realise all those views were counted, I thought it was just registered users :giggle:

How do you think the Citigo thread is now up to over 220,000 views... :happy:

• Like 1

It stopped the sensors working on my VW Bora which were only audio ones not audio visual like the Yeti. When I say it stopped them, what I really mean is they were permanently on when in reverse gear.

I had one of my sensors go on as a full "beeeeeeeppppppp" when a piece of ice froze over it.

It was obvious to the touch mind you and the visual display showed which one was complaining.

A bit of de-icer fixed the problem.

On my dads car it occasionally picks up the exhaust if the car is on a slope (c-max).

After viewing this over 100 times, thought I'd better post.  If you've got a stethoscope or a bit of wood touch one end of it on the sensor and have a listen at the other end, if the sensor isn't working you won't hear anything.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses.

After much faffing and interrogating the brain to no avail (wrong type of Hex-CAN lead) SWMBO, who gained a doctorate in vet-med, dug out her old stethescope from her vet days.

I applied the stethescope to number two sensor (when looking at the vehicle, left to right) and nothing was heard, confirming a duff sensor.

New one sourced and will be replaced. :thumbup:

The wood came in handy to chock the vehicle whilst the inspection was carried out.

Again, thanks for all the help :)

(fault cleared itself) :dull: