Amundsen+ question

Supaned

Hello all ,

I've had my Yeti for nearly a week now and am very pleased with it. 

Whilst pre-programming some destinations into the sat-nav , I've come across something which I think is just a limitation of the software:

My folks live in France, and in the summer the car will be used to drive to their house, I've managed to use their postcode and find the address , however , the system gives the overall mileage from the UK as 428 , when in reality it is over 600 , the 428 being the approximate mileage from Calais.

So , my question is , is it not possible to set-up an "international" journey using the sat-nav? ie do I have to set up one trip to the Channel Tunnel , then another from Calais to my destination in France.

Many thanks

You can plan the whole route, but the ferries and or tunnel confuse the system. I'd just do Calais to wherever, since the route you take across the channel will almost certainly not be where the Satnav will want to use.

I live in France and drive to the UK from time to time.

I bought a Yeti 'Ambition' (SE Plus, I think) and am delighted with it.

I also noticed that, on planning the journey, the distance shown was well short of the reality - at first. The last two words are really important, because the correct distance for the French to UK door-to-door journey always appeared after (as far as I recall) a minute or so, at most.

I always manually plan the route carefully around the approach to the Channel, but my recollection is that the Amundsen's default crossing is via the Tunnel (the one I always use, anyway.)

One of the things that is really, really, really annoying is that you have to be sure to get every accent right on every letter of French place names, which is not as straightforward as you might expect (and is a pain, compared to Tom Tom, for example); miss off an accent and the town you're looking for usually doesn't even come up in the list of possibles.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the replies - as yet I haven't done the planned journey , so maybe that's why the distance hasn't updated.