Anti roll bar

What are the advantages of having a rear anti roll bar fitted? Is it as simple as purchasing a rear anti roll bar kit and fitting or is there more to it?

Car is currently lowered on prosport coilovers was thinking front eibach 25mm arb will it give me extra driveshaft clearance? And chunking the rear arb in if it is simple to install...

Edited by lionyo

Hi, as far as I am aware no mk1 octavia's came with a rear arb.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Actually that is not quite true

All Octavia are fitted with a rear anti roll bar  It is inside the rear beam

However it does not serve as good a job as expected and a lot of folks fit a aftermarket rear stabilizer bar(RARB)  something like a Eibach , Neuspeed or Whiteline. These hook up further back on the shock mounts and rear beam. 

They are considered to be one of the best mods to buy as they greatly improve straight line stability and cornering, something that the Octavia greatly needs.

This mod alone is better than replacing suspension for handling.

Look for a VW golf MK4 as they are the same platform

What are the advantages of having a rear anti roll bar fitted? Is it as simple as purchasing a rear anti roll bar kit and fitting or is there more to it?

Car is currently lowered on prosport coilovers was thinking front eibach 25mm arb will it give me extra driveshaft clearance? And chunking the rear arb in if it is simple to install...

As I listed above the advantages are great and significant in making the car handle a lot more tighter and controlled.

Yes it is that simple just fitting the kit as it comes with the bar and hook up brackets and bolts etc.

You don't say if your car is a VRS, but if not you will need to convert the front ARB to a VRS type one including the ARB drop links and if you have Pro sport coilovers you will need to make sure you have the drop link kook up points on the struts and also the prosports will need to use Mercedes vito ones as the struts have the ARB too low to use std VRS drop links.

Also 25mm FARB is quite a strong one as your std FARB is 19mm, so unless you buy a much thicker RARB / Stabiliser to match the 25mm FARB you will muck your handling up. 

Do I have enough clearance between the front driveshaft and anti roll bar?

Please see pictures and let me know.

ok you don't have a VRS then as that FARB set up is not VRS as the drop links are attached from the ARB to wishbone.

So before you go getting a 25mm FARB you need to check if you can get one for your style set up(which i think you can) and not a VRS set up as both FARB are different. Then when you found this out you can be confident it will fit to your wishbone.

looking at you pic you have a reasonable gap and therefore you are not probably that low on suspension. However i would question why you want to go up to 25mm at the front. that is quite a jump from your std ARB

ok you don't have a VRS then as that FARB set up is not VRS as the drop links are attached from the ARB to wishbone.

So before you go getting a 25mm FARB you need to check if you can get one for your style set up(which i think you can) and not a VRS set up as both FARB are different. Then when you found this out you can be confident it will fit to your wishbone.

looking at you pic you have a reasonable gap and therefore you are not probably that low on suspension. However i would question why you want to go up to 25mm at the front. that is quite a jump from your std ARB

Eibach only offer the 25mm or I can get Fk 23mm, whiteline 22mm. But never heard of FK or whiteline before.

They offer Increased drive shaft clearance for lowered vehicles as the hoop is supposed to be bigger.