2010 facelift octavia with pd engine?

I have seen an octy vrs tdi for sale, it's an 2010 and is facelift but I'm told by the dealer it's a pd. I didn't know this was possible? Could it be a left over engine they put in a facelift car?

I haven't been to see it as I want a cr really.

I think vRS models became CR before 2010 due to the dpf problems on the PD, so I'd say it's pretty likely to be a CR.

By law all octavia diesels were CR from September 2010, so there were quite a few PD's produced upto this date but AFAIK not in vRS guise.

Hmmm very odd, I have asked him to check it and he has confirmed it's a pd. it's at a skoda dealer in Huddersfield so he should be right? One way to find out for sure I guess by going and having a look.

I would ask him for the chassis number and get it confirmed with Skoda UK what engine it came with.

I regularly spot used 2012, 2013 Skoda's listed on the Skoda website having PD engines, when it should be CR.

I have one of the last PD engined Scouts, built in June 2010.

Fin

Yes, don't make the mistake of thinking a dealer knows what they are talking about! Some do, but some don't.

Indeed, I was at a dealer recently and asked of a particular engine has a chain or belt as I was after servicing costs and got quote for a cam belt change. I got home, checked online and found no current engines in that brand have belts anymore, definitely including the one I was looking at.

I had a similar argument with skodaparts and the rear disc size. I told them they were 286 but they were adament they were 282. They stopped replying to my emails when i asked about the petrol disc size

• Like 1

From what I remember, the engines are easy to identify as the PD engine has straight sections that run across it while they're diagonal on the CR engine.  I'm fairly used to dealers knowing nothing about their cars these days but I was puzzled by the number of skoda dealers advertising CR VRS cars as being PD.

John