Gear **** from OCT3 L@K

• 3 months later...

Mike, i think that's the black gloss finish of the plastic trim surrounding the gaiter, not a big hole. I think the gearknob looks great and would like it in my L&K, just hate to think of what it must have cost, with the mk3 L&K being so new.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

Looks like you can see the plastic tabs at the bottom to me. That's not a smooth black plastic panel.

Looks more like a reflection on the gloss black to me,

come on marekczek put us out of our misery is there a gap at the bottom of the gaitor? I dont think there is but I need to know now!!!

Where did you get that knob from for 25 euro's??

Lewwy

I want Marekczek to take a better photo of this so we can see how it fits, I still dont think it is hanging out at the bottom like everyone is convinced.

Are we sure that its not a mk2 gaitor - everyone seems to think its a mk3 and that it doesnt fit - looks like it could well be a mk2 gaitor to me. To Quote:

''Looking at that I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole unless you can change the gaiter for the correct one for the Octy 2. It just does not fit and it looks awful.''

I think thats a bit of a strong repsonse. Then again I suppose it would look awful in an Octavia thats not an L&K ;o)

• 1 month later...

You can't use the Mk3 gaitor...It doesn't have enough of it's cheap vinyl material to stretch anywhere near the Mk2 hole, and that's before you change gear and need additional material.

Plus once you've seen a Mk3 gaitor/boot you wouldn't put it near your car....soooooooooooooooo cheap!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No I don't agree that it is a strong response. Something is not right there, and my OCD would not allow that to be in the car knowing and seeing that a locating tab is so obviously visible. If this isn't a locating tab of some sort (marked on this photo below), what is it???

attachicon.gifgaitor.jpg  attachicon.gifgaitor2.jpg

I'm not saying the gearlever looks awful -- it doesn't and I would look at one myself, but it would have to have the gaiter changed so that the original Octy 2 type is retained. But like you say, putting an L&K gearlever into something that's not an L&K is questionable!

Mike

It´s led light from ceiling lamp.. i will take better photos for you.

Looks more like a reflection on the gloss black to me,

come on marekczek put us out of our misery is there a gap at the bottom of the gaitor? I dont think there is but I need to know now!!!

Where did you get that knob from for 25 euro's??

Lewwy

http://www.skoda-dily-skladem.cz/radici-paka-5-kvalt-octavia-3-laurin-klement.html