vRS owners waiting for new bumpers?

On the back of my handbrake letting go yesterday i'm now waiting for a new front bumper which SUK cannot give a date for, I remember a couple of other owners in a similar situation and i'm just wondering how you're gettting on?.....

Mine came in after a 4 week wait. At no point was I given any update details or expected delivery dates, it was all a mystery.

In the end I got the garage to patch it up so I could drive the car while I waited, is that feasible for you?

Mine came in after a 4 week wait. At no point was I given any update details or expected delivery dates, it was all a mystery.

In the end I got the garage to patch it up so I could drive the car while I waited, is that feasible for you?

The damage to mine isn't too bad, some scuffed paint, a small crack in the bumper and the grille is only now attached at the top but it'll do for now, glad you've got yours though that's given me some hope!

Yea, similar damage to mine by the sounds of it. Get the garage to order ASAP and then go in for fitting when it's in.

Fingers crossed it's in quickly for you!

It's been ordered today so I'm keeping my fingers crossed too!

On the back of my handbrake letting go yesterday i'm now waiting for a new front bumper which SUK cannot give a date for, I remember a couple of other owners in a similar situation and i'm just wondering how you're gettting on?.....

My mk3 vrs has been with the body shop since 25th Jan awaiting new front bumper.  Contacted SUK a couple of weeks ago and they've managed to secure a replacement from the factory. It should be delivered to body shop over the next few days. So fingers crossed I should have my car back next week after a 2 month wait!

MC

• Like 1

I've got a couple of good mates at Skoda garages and got them to ring SUK for me, the unofficial answer they got was they can't build the cars quick enough to satisfy demand let alone setting parts aside for part supply only.

I've got a couple of good mates at Skoda garages and got them to ring SUK for me, the unofficial answer they got was they can't build the cars quick enough to satisfy demand let alone setting parts aside for part supply only.

Arse! Well I've sent a lengthy email to SUK on my handbrake issue and the fact I now can't he my car fixed so I'll see what they come back with.

They need to support their product and customers IMO.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got excited too soon!

Bumper replaced and sprayed but after QC testing the body shop found that the headlight washer unit is faulty too.

Been waiting 5 days for availability news on the part so I've again contacted SUK to help.

No response as yet!

Well, got excited too soon!

Bumper replaced and sprayed but after QC testing the body shop found that the headlight washer unit is faulty too.

Been waiting 5 days for availability news on the part so I've again contacted SUK to help.

No response as yet!

SUK contacted me late yesterday to confirm that the offside washer unit will be ready for body shop in about 10 days.  Decided to take car from body shop today (made good the faulty washer unit) and then they've agreed to collect car once unit has arrived from Chech.  Same day service apparently!

The saga continues ............

Moral of the story?

Try not to have an accident else you'll have a very lengthy wait to get it fixed!

MC

Just drove back home from collecting my vrs and I just want to say - I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!

Truely lovely car to drive and really span it up coming home on the M1.

Just need the Mrs to drive carefully from now on ;)

p.s. still waiting for headlight washer pump to be replaced.

• Like 1

I was nearly joining the waiting list since someone decided to reverse their tow at into my car while visiting the other halves friend on canvey island.

Thankfully only a cracked number plate and doubly thankful the person wasn't about. Grrrrrrrrr

Not a happy bunny.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...