Seats

Does anyone else find the seats in the Mk 3 less comfortable than in previous models. I never suffered backache in my previous Octavia's but for some reason find the back rest uncomfortable, it seems to offer less support for my lower back, I am sure the seats are of a different design.

Unfortunately the lumber support seems to be in the middle of my back and only seems to make the seat hard rather than giving more support.

I find exactly the same problem in most cars with "higher spec" seats.

In my last Mondeo, the drivers seat had a lumber support that, even when fully retracted, stuck into the middle of my back no where near the lumber region & made long distance driving tiring.

The standard spec passenger seat (with only 2 mechanical adjustements) was much more confortable...

Does the lumber support not go up and down as well as in/out, it does on the MK2 Superb and both my Audi's.

Does if you ticked the £700 electric seat option; otherwise its just a manual handle on the seat.

Find mine adequate but its not fantastic....better than the MK2 though the lumbar support handles in my old (2013) vRS Blackline didnt do anything.

Edited by pipsyp

Does if you ticked the £700 electric seat option; otherwise its just a manual handle on the seat.

Find mine adequate but its not fantastic....better than the MK2 though the lumbar support handles in my old (2013) vRS Blackline didnt do anything.

I had the same on my mkII, I'm thinking they just fitted the knob but didn't actually put anything inside the seat! :D

The vrs seats are a lot more comfortable than the mk2 vrs in my opinion. Suffer from sciatica and lower back issue and find its much better in the mk3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk