A big thanks to the wellwishers..... and a health update.

Cheers Gaz.

Even though I'm based in London I live on the Essex/Herts border so North Essex isn't too terrible - Surrey's a pig to get to but thanks. There was another a little closer to me but 4 weeks until they can get me in. This way I find my potential fate out sooner, plus I'll be passing right by Freeport - yes I'm a man but you can't knock retail therapy :yes:

Edited by Preston_Motors
  • Like 2

Cheers Gaz.

Even though I'm based in London I live on the Essex/Herts border so North Essex isn't too terrible - Surrey's a pig to get to but thanks. There was another a little closer to me but 4 weeks until they can get me in. This way I find my potential fate out sooner, plus I'll be passing right by Freeport - yes I'm a man but you can't knock retail therapy :yes:

Dont forget the "cheap" chocolate shops.............

DC

Guest BigJase88

so they revoked it due to slight vision loss in one eye?

My mother is completely blind in one eye and no issues at all

Guess thats from back in the day though

It's a sodding nuisance. Got a fella down the local, hasn't had an eye for about 10 years and never had an issue either. I'd be intrigued to know how many of the people with vision loss have actually notified DVLA? Seems i've done the right thing but i just hope that this firm can help on Thursday. Without sounding racist, the amount of women in full burkas that i see driving around, surely their field of vision is restricted? But that's a different matter.

I'll keep plodding along (On the bike), God riding that is hard work some days.

• Like 1

Well, I went up to the Driver Assessment Centre the other day - in a nutshell I can't do anything until it has been a year since the stroke. We had a good chat, really nice people, but from what I gather, as my vision doesn't meet DVLA requirements there is nothing I can do until the year passes (from when the stroke happened). As such I will be appealing DVLA's decision from March. There are specific points and I must have all of them ticked if the appeal is to even be considered. The therapist at the centre, admittedly can't give guarantees, but said she has seen a lot worse get their license back, so it gives me a bit of hope.
After doing ~a week on the bike, it has now been retired for the foreseeable future - not that I'm an unhealthy 30+ stoner, but the cold and stupid big hills, at times I thought I was going to keel over - no thanks. Doc says to keep up the exercise but I think doing that every day will do far more harm than good.
Where will the next chapter of this take me? Lottery win and a hot climate would be nice.......

...... chance would be a fine thing - probably some more cr4p that I've got to wade through :wall:

Thanks again chaps. The lottery never came off but yes Rob, I'd obviously hoped for better. You never know though, maybe I am clutching at straws but there's got to be some ray of sunshine somewhere :think:

I'll give my guv'nor his due, he has been absolutely brilliant - well he's not sacked me :no:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So a wee bit of a revival on this one as a member has posted a new thread so I'll bore you all with the details.....

..... as you all know, along with my health Prestons closed its doors at the end of April so I was nigh on jobless until I (rather swiftly) was taken on by Trans City. Sadly over the past few months my health in general has not been what it was, coupled with longer hours and more travel I have decided to take leave, recharge my batteries and hopefully jump back in to work (fingers crossed at TC as they're a decent bunch). Sadly I feel like I have taken 3 steps forward and 2 back; maybe, in hindsight, I should have taken a couple of weeks off before jumping straight over but I suppose I just wanted to be working, even though my body was clearly telling me no.

I'm hoping on a few weeks or so and I should be able to gauge how the ticket is feeling but you just never know.

So for now it's recouping and still arguing with f*cking DVLA on my license.

I will still be floating around but will not have access to any systems so I am just lowly ol'me for now BUT if anyone would be so kind I'll gladly share some fuel costs on a few meets.

Sorry to hear this mate but glad you are ok, maybe a few weeks wouldn't have hurt :)

I'm sure there are members near you that can haul your ass to some meets - the Maidstone one (although a trek from you) is made by Richard quite often in some silly powered car so hope to see you there one evening :thumbup:

• Like 1