A big thanks to the wellwishers..... and a health update.

I have had one for a few months. But only use it whilst in work, when I get home I back to fags. (just so I don't smell whilst around customers) So may tray and use it all the time and then try and quit from there. 

Glad you're ok Lee - spoke to the garage and couldn't believe it.

Here's to a speedy recovery :thumbup:

If you get bored you can help me move house once I get a date! Lol :)

Hi Lee.

Wow, such a shock for you & yours, I'm so glad that you are recovering.

I've never been a smoker, but both parents were serious tobacco users, so I've been aware of the side effects for quite

a long time.

There has been some good advice from BRISKODA members, I hope than you can take some of it to heart, (sorry, no pun intended.........),

I'm sure that SWMBO will keep you on-track.

Best Regards, David & Valerie.  

Jars, absolutely shat the life out of me, obviously i was foolish in thinking that this sort of stuff is saved for later life. A massive eye opener and although i like a drink and a smoke by no means was i a heavy/binge drinker, just looks as though its bit me on the arse quicker than expected.

Yup, remember that feeling. Sounds like the recovery has started positively and long may that continue fella :thumbup :

Get yourself fit and well Lee, ditch the fags wether it is a real one or a fake. You should only smoke if you are on fire! Everything else in moderation.  :happy:

• Like 1

Taking every day as it comes but won't be moping around. The fags have gone but unfortunately James the fake one still remains for the time being.

Ad you must be having a laugh, not that i couldn't but all this spare time has got me thinking....... new house??

Thanks again to everyone and i will apologise if i miss a few names out on the thank yous, some of us stealers must be mildly likable :rofl:

E-cigarettes are battery-powered devices that spritz nicotine-infused vapor into the mouth. Because they don’t produce a toxic cloud of secondhand tobacco smoke, promoters claim they’re safe, but the assertion is simply not true. Though not as polluting as conventional cigarettes, e-cigarette users, known colloquially as “vapers,” exhale a mixture of volatile organic compounds, heavy metals, ultrafine particles and aerosolized nicotine. Research has shown that people sharing the same air space with vapers have measurable levels of nicotine in their bodies.

Just echoing what has already been said, best of luck for a full speedy recovery.

After speaking to Macdemon about a health issue last year I can vouch for him, I found the info he sent me very helpful and also the phone call from him reassuring.

Thank you Harvey for saying that, it means a lot to be respected, admired and highly thought of by other members.

I'm going to be 50 this December and had my ICD (Implantable Cardiovascular Defibrilator) in March 2011, long story behind what happened leading up to its fitment.

My brother who is 18 months younger than I am Has the same condition with the SAME ICD.

The British Heart Foundation has a wealth of information for anybody who want to find more detailed information on Cardiomyopathy.

http://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-health/conditions/cardiomyopathy.aspx

Another EXCELLENT website is the Cardiomyopathy Association website, that has greater and more detailed on formation on the specifics of Cardiomyopathy.

http://www.cardiomyopathy.org

Once again, all the best and get well soon to Lee, Harvey1978, preston334, 7029bob, jars AND seboni121

This just goes to show what an INCREDIBLE community we are in Briskoda, and I consider myself amount friends who I can rely and depend on in a time of need.

Thank you all. :bearhug:

• Like 3

I just help others......it's the job God has asked me to do on his wonderful planet. :)

(AND it helps me build up my post count :D)

• Like 1

Had no idea it was so serious until today, mate, certainly must put things in perspective. I've got 12 years on you and a smoker since 19. Time to quit maybe :|

Anyway, enough chit chat,,

Get well soon Des,

fond regards,

Des ;)

All the best Lee, just goes to show doesn't it, hope the recovery goes OK.

My father had a suspected stroke many years ago,  in fact it was a TIA, and he then suffered a subsequent 3 more but he is fighting fit and tries not to let it change things. He is still relatively active - running his own consultancy business during retirement. He is on various pills for the rest of his life too.

Certainly a warning shot to all us men who tend to shrug things off.

Get well soon!.

It's definitely made me think a lot more. Funnily enough i was checking through my doctor notes over the years and the only time i've been in was a few days after a night on the lash to have some stitches removed but this is a tad more serious.

Very much appreciated the chat with Macdemon earlier, top chap.

As i've mentioned above thanks to everyone for the positive comments and input, and i will try and keep up with the thank yous and responses - oldnewbie, seb, lee/des, Richard, brimma, Wayne, taylor and coops, i think thats it?!

• Like 3

Sorry to hear this Lee, fortunately the issue has been diagnosed now and actions put in place to sort the situation out.

Take care and I wish you a speedy recovery mate.

Good to see your OK Lee.

Quite common for people in early 30s. Several famous people in the last 6 months have had strokes. Frankie Muniz, Pitbull and 2 others who escape me right now.

I'm probably a prime candidate given appalling fast food diet which I know I should do better especially given father had emergency surgery for bowel cancer. I really need to sort it out through choice

Don't want to 'post whore' on this which will make it sound like Big Brother....

"Day 24, Lee is feeling better blah blah blah"

But will mention that i thought I'd take a quick stroll to Tesco this morning to get some bits in for breakfast; what a mistake!!

It's only 20 yards down the road, fine getting there but once in it was like someone had kicked me in the never regions, struggling for breath, no energy, nothing. Finally got back but for the time being I'll be leaving all that up to SWMBO :yes:

Back to docs on Tuesday, and every Tuesday after that to sort out Warfarin dose, fingers crossed they drop it.

You should make it a blog and do a daily list of things you do :)

Day one - got up, had a poo, shaved and had some breakfast. Browsed briskoda for 8 hours. Had dinner. Went to bed.

Day two - see day one.

:)

I can lend you my Xbox one if you get too bored!

Cheers Ad, now that would be post whoring.... might try that :rofl:

Thanks Martin, was a shock more than anything. You don't really think of strokes and heart attacks at 30; they're for old people :wink: but obviously not.