Mid Life Crisis Over

Nice plate!

My other halves VRS is due in July, her nickname is Wiz and I'm torn between W15 VRS and W12 VRS.

With a 5 it seems to read better, but with the 2 it's more like a Z... Advice welcome!

Glad you are enjoying the new toy :)

• Like 1

Very nice, I am picking mine up on Friday, gone for the same, but with a DSG box, can't wait, the race blue looks awesome,

Enjoy.....

You will not sleep as the week goes on.

As my salesman said to me 5 more sleeps. :zzz:

I do feel like a big Kid again

Enjoy ur motor  :giggle:

Nice plate!

My other halves VRS is due in July, her nickname is Wiz and I'm torn between W15 VRS and W12 VRS.

With a 5 it seems to read better, but with the 2 it's more like a Z... Advice welcome!

Glad you are enjoying the new toy :)

Personally I would go 4 the W 12 as it looks like the Z more in Wiz

Mine was easy my surname is Russell and i am known as Russ.

So a no brainer

But did cost a few  :$$$:  :$$$:

Congratulations and enjoy it.

I see you can choose the plate of your car in the UK, is it more expensive than the normal one?

Greetings from Spain, my Octavia is working fine after nine months.

Edited by albors

Congratulations and enjoy it.

I see you can choose the plate of your car in the UK, is it more expensive thn the normal one?

Greetings from Spain, my Octavia is working fine after nine months.

You can select your plate and they range in  price from £250 upwards.

This one cost me quite a bit of money.

This is my first new car and will be keeping it for a while.

But i will only have to buy VRS from now on.

Personally I would go 4 the W 12 as it looks like the Z more in Wiz

Mine was easy my surname is Russell and i am known as Russ.

So a no brainer

But did cost a few  :$$$:  :$$$:

I am going that way too - £399 which is pretty decent as far as plate prices go! I suspect yours was somewhat more than that!

• Like 1

I am going that way too - £399 which is pretty decent as far as plate prices go! I suspect yours was somewhat more than that!

Is your plate from the DVLA direct ?

Because that is where i got mine from as same plate advertised with one of these companies was £200 more.

So they buy from DVLA and put money on top

Rip Off..

Mine did cost a few pounds more that that.

Is your plate from the DVLA direct ?

Because that is where i got mine from as same plate advertised with one of these companies was £200 more.

So they buy from DVLA and put money on top

Rip Off..

Mine did cost a few pounds more that that.

Yea - direct from DVLA - as you say, any other site can only be more as the DVLA don't do deals...

Love the lane assist

I did too for the first couple of months, then one day i went to overtake a cyclist and as I crossed the centre line the LA decided I should pull back in and caused me to do slight swerve at the cyclist, it's been switched off ever since.  While there was never any danger to the cyclist or myself as I was able to overrule the LA i doubt it would have looked great if a police car was fulling me......

Neily03, lane assist will be overridden if you indicate to overtake or change lanes, it then switches back on once in the new lane or position.

If you indicated to overtake the cyclist it should have allowed the manoeuvre to happen and then reset once passed by?

• Like 1

Thank you  :evil:

Just had my first drive at night.

Love the dancing lights on start up then turning headlamps on the corners....

It certainly is a lovely place to be at night, just the right amount of light and ambience to help the miles flash by!

It certainly is a lovely place to be at night, just the right amount of light and ambience to help the miles flash by!

Been Playing with settings for lights on off when returning to car.

Found if u hold the open door key fob all the windows open plus my sunroof

Also close switch and all close 

Was a function on my old Superb

Been Playing with settings for lights on off when returning to car.

Found if u hold the open door key fob all the windows open plus my sunroof

Also close switch and all close 

Was a function on my old Superb

There certainly is a few handy features on the car, have fun playing with them, it's a cracking car!

Neily03, lane assist will be overridden if you indicate to overtake or change lanes, it then switches back on once in the new lane or position.

If you indicated to overtake the cyclist it should have allowed the manoeuvre to happen and then reset once passed by?

That is correct but as there were no other cars in sight and the cyclist was ahead there was no requirement for me to indicate.

Wish I'd have switched it off the day I got it anyway it's so much nicer to drive without notchyness it creates in the steering.

It would probably be ok if it could be set to come on at a higher speed like 70mph as it's only really useful on motorways and dual carriage ways. It takes all the fun out off country lanes.

That is correct but as there were no other cars in sight and the cyclist was ahead there was no requirement for me to indicate.

Wish I'd have switched it off the day I got it anyway it's so much nicer to drive without notchyness it creates in the steering.

It would probably be ok if it could be set to come on at a higher speed like 70mph as it's only really useful on motorways and dual carriage ways. It takes all the fun out off country lanes.

I was always told that if you're overtaking another vehicle or cyclist, you should indicate whilst doing so as the person you are overtaking is another road user?? -,....could be wrong here though and plus it's not a bad habit to get into, especially if it helps with the lane assist function?

Either way, I know on my lane assist that I can still override the cars decision with a slightly harder tug on the wheel.

I suppose if you don't like it, you've at least got the option to switch it off as you have.

Are these plates worth any money further down the line?  In a moment of madness, I bought VR53 WOW - whilst it gets a few smiles, I'm regretting the extra expense now!  As you say, I'm trapped into buying VRS' in the future now!

Loving the car though - the blue would have been my choice, but my girlfriend insisted on green.....

Edited by fiisch

You can select your plate and they range in  price from £250 upwards.

This one cost me quite a bit of money.

This is my first new car and will be keeping it for a while.

But i will only have to buy VRS from now on.

I see, thanks. I wish we could do the same here, but we can´t.

Are these plates worth any money further down the line?  In a moment of madness, I bought VR53 WOW - whilst it gets a few smiles, I'm regretting the extra expense now!  As you say, I'm trapped into buying VRS' in the future now!

Loving the car though - the blue would have been my choice, but my girlfriend insisted on green.....

I am well pleased with the plate as i budgeted for the price of the car complete with all the extras that i wanted.

The garage then gave me a great deal and with the money left over i added some to it and the rest is history.

So no regrets.

So pleased with car now saving for Mk 4 and will have to be VRS ahhhhh.

Just driven a 150 mile trip up the M4 in eco mode cruise set at 78 mph computer said 51.4 mpg.

Happy days