Tool for suspension top nut

I don't get why just a swan neck spanner at 5 quid is not a best option for op. I once drove to local tyre garage get them to airgun the nut nick it back up lightly and drive home to replace. Also allen sockets are much stronger than allen keys just get a single one and job done.

Sent from my Samsung S3

Ordered one of those too. ;)

What is annoying, is that swan neck spanner sets do not include a 21mm spanner

eg

6 x 7,

8 x 9,

10 x 11,

12 x 13,

14 x 15,

16 x 17,

18 x 19,

20 x 22mm

Hilka

Draper

A 21 x 23 mm (strut nut) spanner on its own costs similar

yeah i got you...

And why does it jump 2 sizes......ie. 20 x 22 and the 21mm one is a 21 x 23 

It is if they know we all need that specific 21mm and miss it out of set's :devil:

• Like 1

Decent allen tools will be fine. Buy cheap, buy twice. Shouldn't be using air tools on struts. Bad move.

is not the key who gets shredded,is the strut top part

You shouldn;t use air tools for struts? who sais that? :)) Maybe is available for amateurs ,I agree ,not everyone can use an air tool

hi guys I had to buy a 21mm podger to try and loosen the strut nut got the top one off with a swan neck spanner and allen key.but could not get the other one off because it had been tighted by a air gun so I now have to buy a new strut because the allen key part has rounded off.

hi guys I had to buy a 21mm podger to try and loosen the strut nut got the top one off with a swan neck spanner and allen key.but could not get the other one off because it had been tighted by a air gun so I now have to buy a new strut because the allen key part has rounded off.

Bang in a over size allen socket buddy using a hammer. I have done this before. You don't need to get a strut there are ways to resolve,, :rock:

• Like 1

woooa...the allen part rounded up???Who thought about that? ....this is shocking!!! :rofl:

Oversize allen wouldn't work,the best is an M bit to fit in the rounded whole,will grip better

woooa...the allen part rounded up???Who thought about that? ....this is shocking!!! :rofl:

Oversize allen wouldn't work,the best is an M bit to fit in the rounded whole,will grip better

Yeah yeah..........ok.......... :rock:

Actually I remember I used torx bit as has less surface to grind away than a allen bit

• Like 2

We'll guys got it off had to go to a garge they had to heat it up and use a air gun .had to buy a new strut then I stripped the tread then had to get it tap so it all done at work all sore .one hour job turned in to a 4-5 happy days