Yeti #1 Stalking

Silly Old Hector

Yeti #2 has been with us for two weeks now, but we got a surprise ....

One of our neighbours bought Yeti #1 from the dealer :-0

It's sitting on the other side of the street, looking pretty resplendant, after all my washing and some bodywork repairs ;-).

Not sure I'm comfortable with seeing it everytime I look out of the window.

Photos to follow (in fact, just go to my post when I swapped cars at the dealers).....

Hmm, interesting issue you have.

Here in Vic, the name of the previous owner must be supplied if sold by any dealer. Does that apply in Scotland?

in the UK the previous keeper will become apparent to the new owner across the street. When they get the paperwork back from the DVLA (who track the owners of all cars) it will have the OP's name and address as the previous owner.

Yeti #2 has been with us for two weeks now, but we got a surprise ....

One of our neighbours bought Yeti #1 from the dealer :-0

It's sitting on the other side of the street, looking pretty resplendant, after all my washing and some bodywork repairs ;-).

Not sure I'm comfortable with seeing it everytime I look out of the window.

Photos to follow (in fact, just go to my post when I swapped cars at the dealers).....

You must be kicking yourself you didn't know your neighbour was looking for a Yeti! If you sold it him directly you would both have saved a lot of money!!

• Like 2

Hector, your neighbour must have known how well you looked after Yeti 1 and because he bought it from a dealer, cannot blame you IF anything goes wrong with it. Maybe Yeti 1 was home sick and talked your neighbour into buying it.

• Like 2

Hector, your neighbour must have known how well you looked after Yeti 1 and because he bought it from a dealer, cannot blame you IF anything goes wrong with it. 

Never sell a car to family or friends - or neighbours!

• Like 1

Hector, your neighbour must have known how well you looked after Yeti 1 and because he bought it from a dealer, cannot blame you IF anything goes wrong with it. Maybe Yeti 1 was home sick and talked your neighbour into buying it.

so long as they don't decide to breed and a new baby skoda Citigo joins the street as well :)

Never sell a car to family or friends - or neighbours!

I sold my 7 year old Octavia 2,0 Tdi DSG to my neighbour two years ago, it was in good condition when I sold it and he has had 2 years trouble free motoring. Both of us understood he was buying a 7 year old car at a fair price and we agreed no comebacks before doing the deal. No problem selling cars to friends as long as you both enter into the deal with eyes open.