FL interior lights (with panoramic sunroof)

Gizmo

Hi lfc958, thanks for the info. I tried but I'm no good with computers and I got lost. MUST try harder (me).

Hi gcp, if you could do the pictures as well/instead of me, would be a great help.

I can just about print pictures, other than that I'm often tempted to chuck the computer out the window.

Just for info, I'm very pleased with my Yeti. Very smooth ride, well worth the money.

Hi gcp, if you could do the pictures as well/instead of me, would be a great help.

I can just about print pictures, other than that I'm often tempted to chuck the computer out the window.

Just for info, I'm very pleased with my Yeti. Very smooth ride, well worth the money.

No worries, I'll try to snap a couple of pics and post them tomorrow morning if I remember

Just a thought. There are various different overhead panels fitted in Yetis depending on things like if an alarm is fitted - and perhaps a rain sensor and/or self dipping mirror.

Mine have had rain sensors and dipping mirrors (two Elegances and an L&K) and the overhead panel has been as pictured above.

Perhaps without the rain sensor or dipping mirror, the mirror is mounted further forward allowing the cat's eyes to be enabled and of some use.

post-96590-0-44976300-1396244704_thumb.jpg

Here you go!

I have confirmed that the "cat's eyes" only come on when the headlights are on (at least in dipped beam, will have to check if this also works with just the sidelights on).

Just a thought. There are various different overhead panels fitted in Yetis depending on things like if an alarm is fitted - and perhaps a rain sensor and/or self dipping mirror.

Mine have had rain sensors and dipping mirrors (two Elegances and an L&K) and the overhead panel has been as pictured above.

Perhaps without the rain sensor or dipping mirror, the mirror is mounted further forward allowing the cat's eyes to be enabled and of some use.

I do not have a rain sensor or a dipping mirror fitted, but I do have the auto lights. Not sure how that affects mirror positioning compared to the other options.

Unfortunately it was already quite bright in the morning so I could not take a picture of where the lights shine on, but I can confirm that they illuminate the area just ahead of the gearlever.

While I'm swearing at my PC trying to load these pictures,

mine is the same as the picture of 'Gizmo68' post 9.

Looking in the Yeti Owners Manual (Yeti anglicky 11.2012), mine is the same as on page 46 right hand picture in Fig 30 & 31.

If it takes me as long to learn everything about my Yeti as it has my PC, roll on year 2020.

Actually looking back at aerofurb’s photo you do get them - they are the two round ‘holes’ at the front (middle) of the light unit:

201002050067.jpg

One less mod that needs to be done!

Do the rear doors have ‘door open’ warning lights fitted the same as the front?

Looking at this picture and comparing it with my own, it looks like the difference does indeed have to do with the auto-dipping mirror. I am guessing that the cluster behind the sunroof knob in the picture above contains the sensors for this, which seems to be what forces the cat's eyes to be fitted further forward. As previously mentioned, my Yeti does not have this but does have the pano roof fitted, and the cat's eyes are fitted further back - and are fully functional.

On my Superb all the auto dimming is actually in the mirror itself, I would imagine the Yeti is the same.

IMO it is probably just a bad miss match of VAG parts meaning they are disabled, if they fitted the light unit with the LED's further from the mirror then they would I imagine be fine.

On my Superb all the auto dimming is actually in the mirror itself, I would imagine the Yeti is the same.

IMO it is probably just a bad miss match of VAG parts meaning they are disabled, if they fitted the light unit with the LED's further from the mirror then they would I imagine be fine.

Interesting... Then what does the cluster (marked in red) do? I thought those were the sensors for the auto-dipping mirror...

post-96590-0-83384700-1396342171_thumb.jpg

The sensors for the dipping mirror are the 2 small oblongs in the bulge on the bottom of the mirror.

The 3 round sensors at the rear of the roof unit are the volumetic sensors for the alarm and the phone mike.

attachicon.gifMelissia-20140331-01121.jpg

Here you go!

I have confirmed that the "cat's eyes" only come on when the headlights are on (at least in dipped beam, will have to check if this also works with just the sidelights on).

I do not have a rain sensor or a dipping mirror fitted, but I do have the auto lights. Not sure how that affects mirror positioning compared to the other options.

Unfortunately it was already quite bright in the morning so I could not take a picture of where the lights shine on, but I can confirm that they illuminate the area just ahead of the gearlever.

You don't have an alarm fitted with interior monitoring...  that is why you have the LED lights.  In the UK an alarm is standard fitment and hence we don't get the LEDs.

Hi 900000,  I'm still trying with the ********pictures, hey ho one day.

My Yeti has the alarm fitted, I presume as standard. I don't have the auto dipping mirror or the rain sensors.

My interior lights are the same as posted by Gizno68. And I have the sun roof.

The 2 led lights come on with side and/or headlights.

The Yeti I have came as is, I had no idea what it had or still has not yet found.

I wanted a Yeti which had to be Diesel- Auto, other than that I didn't care.

I was looking at used Yeti's, but this was offered and nearly bit the sales managers hand off with the deal offered. 

Anyway, I am very pleased with the Yeti. It's great to drive and I tend to have a heavy right foot, which is why mpg is around 37 average.

• 5 months later...

Here's how I did it to fit some LED bulbs in place of the standard W5W capless bulbs:

1. Open the sunglasses holder and release the clips at the top which allows the holder 'door' to unclip at the sides and so hinge down further (the clips are a pain!). To be honest, I think you could miss this step out but it does make access to the attach screws in the next step easier.

2. Unclip the panel around the alarm sensors

3. Remove the two screws behind that sensor panel

4. Ease out/down the whole front panel (wiring loom remains attached)

5. Reading light bulbs sit in the two bulb holders that are removed by rotating and pulling out (if fitting LED lamps, some are polarity sensitive so depending on which way you fit the bulb in the holder or which way you fit the holder in the panel they may or may not work!)

6. Refit is the opposite of the above

OIciQX.jpg

8JnX0n.jpg

yWBbe3.jpg

rZ1lmQ.jpg