FL Y&K Foglights question

snafu

Morning all

Yesterday I noticed that when my headlights were on (auto setting, dipped) the offside front foglight was also on. I played about with the switch and when I switched on the foglights they both came on as you'd expect, then switched back to auto and they both went out. I have a suspicion both were on the other evening as I noticed their reflection in the car in front. What's going on - surely they should never come on unless I switch 'em on?

Cheers

John

Were the wheels turned? The front fogs are also cornering lights. When you go round a corner slowly or indicate to turn into a side road for example (sure somone on here will tell you what the speed is) one of the fog lights will come on to light the corner up. Also when you put it into reverse to park both fog lights come on to help light the the surroundings. 

Hi all

Thanks so much for your replies, of course you are correct and when I turn the wheel the relevant foglight does indeed come on. What a car, full of surprises, I wonder what it'll do next. 

An L&K is literally loaded full of surprises and you will never know about all of them without looking in the manual.

10 years ago there was maybe a valid reason for not reading it but nowadays (especially with a high spec model) they do so much more it would be daft not to have a good browse of it.