Tuning a 1.9 TDI 105bhp

I'm looking to increase the low-down power of my 1.9 TDi PD 105bhp so that I can tow a caravan. Does anyone have any experience of the tuning system sold by DTUK? They claim an increase of up to 140bhp for an outlay of just over £300.

Any advice on tuning/re-mapping this engine or experience in towing with this engine would be helpful.

Cheers.

Hi Trundlenut,

The side indicators are little white things about an inch square built into the wings. Is that the mk 1 then?

Hi Trundlenut,

The side indicators are little white things about an inch square built into the wings. Is that the mk 1 then?

Yes it is a mkI. What is the engine code? It is printed on the sticker in the boot and inside the service book. I believe the 105bhp PD engine was fitted to the taxi version of the mkI which was still produced after the mkII came out. All the other mkI Octavias had either a 90 or 110bhp injection pump diesels or the 130bhp PD engine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk