How to replace lower breather pipe guide!

Dear Members 

I have a split lower breather pipe and have received the replacement from CM, is there any guide on the replacement? I tried to look for one but couldn't find any. Also can I use the car while the pipe is broken? 

Thanks in advance ! 

Part No. 2 from the diagram

post-114145-0-15838100-1397048325_thumb.gif

Very easy to do. Just remove the metal bracket from the front of the inlet manifold for access. Does your new pipe replace part 11 as well? It might be worth replacing part 4 while you're there as well.

You can continue to drive it, it just wont run as it should. 

Could you please explain a bit more possibly a picture? I am quite the noob in such things...  also can I use the car? Maybe I am being paranoid but the performance seems lower 

• Like 1

If the split is big enough it will certainly effect things.

It will let air into the system when under vacuum i.e. idling will be rough.

Under boost it will let the air escape so you would feel a drop in performance.

This guide should help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-_z1xoa_tk

It covers the metal bracket mushtafa mentions.

Damn wish I'd watched that before doing mine. That elbow on the front of the block crumbled as soon as I tried to remove it. Good vid well found that man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Amy know where that video is, I have to replace mine tomorrow.ive driven my car for weeks withe both hoses in bits and the only difference is a jerkiness in the boost delivery and obvious loss of boost power

All done what a horrible horrible job, although car is runnimg like new now,

The pipe that incorporates part 11 is a pain in the ass it's much too long and angles are a disaster

It is a horrible place to be under there especially with the oem clips. I ripped it all out and fitted a catch can.

that sounds like a plan , and youre right the clips are the worst bit , spent most of the time trying to get those off , even with a tool for the job 

that sounds like a plan , and youre right the clips are the worst bit , spent most of the time trying to get those off , even with a tool for the job

Hateful things they are. Proper catch cans that do something useful do cost, glad I've done it though, few less pipes to worry about and pipework that is on there is running cleaner.