1.6 tdi monte or 1.4 tsi vrs

abfabvrs

Hi guys not had my mk1 vrs for a yesr or so now and i miss it to be honest, it was fast (184bhp) comfortable and economical. Today i went to test drivr the new tsi vrs and it was great i loved the estate version, it was pretty fast the dsg i liked when using paddles but in auto it seemed confused it didnt kick down when i wanted to over take and also im worried it will be heavy on fuel. I just want to know which is best a tdi or tsi bear in mind i will be mapping the tdi if i got one.

Many thanks i appreciate any comment or suggestions.

Very different cars, but the vRS Twincharger can do 35-45 + mpg as you choose to drive.

You can get it doing 20 mpg or up to 50 plus if you want.

The DSG kicks down in 'D' and if it did not, then thats strange.

It might go from 7th-5th  or 6th to 4th,

and does 40-100 + quite easily for overtaking.

The Monte 1.6 TDI CR can be Remaped & have around 130 PS plus if you want,

but that will void your warranty.

Really its down to what suits you.

?

What about a 1.2 TSI 105 ps Monte,    or a Monte Estate?

The ones that are wrong are certainly lemons, but the ones that are not are obviously not.

It is a Lottery, so you get 5 years worth of Warranty and let VAG replace with new Engines.

1.4 TSI Twincharger CAVE Engine, (2009 first in Seat's)  2010-2012 vRS, possibly 20% Faulty.

1,800 vRS sold in the UK or so.

1.4 TSI Twincharger CTHE Engine, Late 2012 - now,

only 3 member on here known to have had Oil Users, 800 or so sold in the UK.

Sorry i should of said it will be an estate i will be getting, when the car didnt kick down it was in 5th cruising around 40mph i wanted to over take and get to around 70mph the car revved up but wasnt really speeding up so i used the paddle to change down to 3rd and straight away instant power it was weird auto mode didnt do it. I am swaying toward the tdi monte because of this and economy, ive read with a map and dpf delete they can make nearly 150bhp which would be ok. Is there any horror stories with the 1.6 tdi?

Something wrong with that car you drove i would think.

You have Supercharger to 3,500 RPM, and Turbo from 2,400 with the Super on demand, then Turbo 3,500 to 7,000 rpm.

There is Kickdown or should be in 5th & the pedal does not need to be to the floor to get kickdown.

I think the car had been sat a while the brakes were scrapping when it was drove out and abit spongy. Im gonna see if i can find a tdi monte estate i can have ago in. I did enjoy the vrs when it worked properly but i think the tdis running costs are turning me toward the tdi.

• Like 1

I had a 2012 fabia vrs and it was great, don't forget the gearbox learns how you drive, mine was a sales reps car and drove it like an old lady so was in 7th at 40mph. I didn't have any issue with kick down, just takes some getting used to, there is a split second for the box to change down a few cogs when it knows you want more power.

Another option that might be worth considering is the 140 2.0 TDI Ibiza FR from seat its more like the mk1 fabia.

The MK2 Fabia is a rather jeckle and hyde car I got 35 mph commuting in it. Its not a car for economy but it is fun, I know I could get it down into the teens realy going for it

But that said I know Dave could get much better mpg out of his than I could doing the same route at the same time.