Octy alarm question

So, tonight I sat an listened to what I thought was a house alarm for a good couple of hours. It was a beep beep beep sound continuously every three quartets of a second. I had checked out the window and made sure that the indicators on my car weren't flashing so didn't think anything of it.

Anyway ive just decided to unlock my car from inside the house. As I unlocked it I heard the 2 normal chirps and I could still here the alarm sound. When I locked the car again I got the normal one chirp and the alarm noise stopped!?

Complete coincidence or is there something else In this. I've never heard the car alarm go off previously and it didn't sound like what I would expect a car alarm to sound like.

I've also read that the alarm can sound if the battery voltage is low. Does anyone know If this is a different sounding alarm to the main siren?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking, but I had heard of there being an auxillary siren. My VCDS cable turned up on Monday so time to give it a whirl I guess!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just a quick hijack...

How can you tell if the alarm has been triggered on an octy?

My previous car would fast flash the red led but I see no warning on my 06 1.9 PD 105 when I intentionally trigger alarm.

I wouldn't say ignorance is bliss if someone has been tampering with my car.