2010 VRS Headlights - SUPERBRIGHT

Will a 55w hid produce as much heat as a 55w halogen?

Thats good to know mannyo, i didnt know they were 35w. I just presumed they were 55w seems as theyre so much brighter than mine. I wonder why that is?

Could just be the quality of the bulb, on the Audi forum one member purchased some bulbs from ebay and they were nowhere near as good as the factory ones, turns out they were fake bulbs. After he bought some from a reputable supplier he was much happier. The fake bulb had a yellow output that was noticeably not as bright as a genuine bulb, not all HID bulbs are equal even with the same rating and colour temperature.

At 10 years old my factory originals are still very white and bright in appearance although they now take slightly longer to reach their colour temperature.

• Like 1

Coming from the Fabia with poor bulbs, the Juke has the same problems.  Loads of posts on the Juke forums but sidelights and headlights separate units so you have to try and replace bulbs that match (to some extent).   I went for the nightbreakers unlimted for headlight and sidelight units.  They are a lot lot better than the standard cra...

On the Juke forums alot of people spend decent money on PIAA super white bulbs  see link    http://www.piaa.co.uk/bulbs/bulbs.asp

Some of these bulbs appear very expensive but lots of rave reviews if you want the Xenon/HID effect just by replacing bulbs alone.

Hope this helps

Googling around, I get the impression that neither the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited or the Philips X-Treme Vision bulbs are really that much brighter than standard bulbs - certainly not 100% brighter - and that they don't last long anyhow.

How good are these brighter H7 bulbs in practice?

Before I commit to spending more money on the new better bulbs or the HID kit I'm having my headlights levelled by my local MOT centre today...I'll let you know if that helps and improves the visibility.

The Osram or Philips bulbs are deof better than standard ones...but probably not what majority of us epxect from these.

Right...just got back from the MOT centre and had my lights checked and these were spot on so I'll be ordering the HID Kit for my car as my bulbs are ****e...:(

Defo going 35w 6000k, Any recommendations...?

Sorry to be so late in adding/replying to this.

I'm really keen on changing my bulbs in my

Fabia vrs and my partners bulbs in her fiat 500 while I'm at it.

I like the look of the H7 nightbreakers mentioned previously, and there obvious ease of fitting in comparison to xenons and do like the quality of the light.

However are they much whiter and brighter than the standard bulbs in the vrs? And if I were to fit xenons, I am a little concerned over a)how easy they are to fit including a conversion kit, B) how much it would end up costing and more importantly c) with them being illegal, surely there are issues when the MOT comes around or being pulled over?

I must have been mistaken thinking my vrs had xenons as standard. I only thought this as the headlight cluster has hazy gas looking fittings in the enclosures.

Please someone fill me in

George

You may find this an interesting read..

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/313270-hid-h7-kits-for-fabia-with-projector-headlights/page-6#entry3754230

The 'hazy gas looking fitting' is a projector lens. Its more suitable to HID xenons than reflector lenses, but doesnt necessarily have them. Xenons arent an option on the fabia, theyre all halogen, but there are 3 different headlight types.

• Like 1

You may find this an interesting read..

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/313270-hid-h7-kits-for-fabia-with-projector-headlights/page-6#entry3754230

The 'hazy gas looking fitting' is a projector lens. Its more suitable to HID xenons than reflector lenses, but doesnt necessarily have them. Xenons arent an option on the fabia, theyre all halogen, but there are 3 different headlight types.

+1 for above

You will find all the answers in this thread

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

• Like 2