VRS locking itself

Hi guys,

I had the same issue on my Bora and now my Fabia has started to lock itself after about 10 - 15 seconds of me unlocking it. Is this normal? any ideas?

Thanks

Is it locking its self again, because you unlocked it, but then never opened the doors or boot?

Locking again in only 10-15 seconds does seems a bit quick.

Yes but it also locks itself if i delay putting keys in ignition when i'm inside the car

No it doesn't always work when you open the door only the door card lights

Could be the micro switch.

Does the interior light come on when you open the drivers door?

I would say its the micro switch in the door then.

Ok so if I replace that it might solve the problems

Thanks

Hopefully.

Have a search through the forum Im sure its been covered before.

Yes I saw a thread on here about that by a lady responded to by Big Jase (I have same issue). Will link it if I find it again - and remember to! Edited by joncc

Microswitch symptoms are:

Lights-on alarm not working when driver's door opened.

Car locks itself if key not inserted into ignition quickly enough, or another door with working switch opened first.

Interior light not coming on when driver's door opened.

Boot sometimes not opening from finger switch unless another door with working switch is opened first.

I have fixed this problem on my Fabia VRS and a relations Bora with a can of Servisol switch cleaner, get it from Maplins. With the door open and the tube fitted to the can spray it under the bottom edge of the door latch in the direction of the micro switch, be generous. I did this two years ago and still working.

Rob.

I have fixed this problem on my Fabia VRS and a relations Bora with a can of Servisol switch cleaner, get it from Maplins. With the door open and the tube fitted to the can spray it under the bottom edge of the door latch in the direction of the micro switch, be generous. I did this two years ago and still working.

Rob.

Ordered! Thanks! Edited by joncc

Rob.

Rob can you guide me more on this please? Where is the microswitch located and where exactly should I spray from please? Sorry to be dumb but I used the servisol earlier and the problem remains! Edited by joncc

Microswitch symptoms are...

Boot sometimes not opening from finger switch unless another door with working switch is opened first.

Thanks for this guidance. Makes opening my boot much easier!

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes there is a chance the switch is damaged but i can only go from experience and that is I have had success twice on this switch using the switch cleaner.

In the picture you can see the door latch, bottom left hand corner.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/126257-octavia-1-replacing-door-latch-microswitch/page-2

You may need to move the latch to the locked / closed position using the shaft of a screw driver to mimic the latch on the car body to improve access to the area below it. Don't forget to return it to the open position before closing the door, just pull the handle.

Get the tube on the can right under the latch and work it around as you spray, you will need about half the can.

While doing my Fabia it locked and unlocked itself several times as the crud was washed from the switch. WD40 will not work, it has to be switch cleaner. By brother is an electronics design engineer with forty years experience and has rescued many switches with this stuff, I have used it with success on the brake pedal switch also when it became intermittent.

For a fiver it's go to be worth a shot.

Rob.

Edited by Slaphead

While doing my Fabia it locked and unlocked itself several times as the crud was washed from the switch.

For a fiver it's go to be worth a shot.

Rob.

It did do the crazy locking unlocking thing. And yes I bought servisol the other day - so I'm using the right stuff! I just wasn't sure whether to point it up or down or left or right or where exactly the little tube should go! I also only did a couple of shorter sprays - so want to make sure a liberal spray hits the right spot!

Any further guidance on this please?

Yeah, you need a new microswitch. Switch cleaner is going to do absolutely nothing for a cheap plastic switch that falls to pieces.

newswitch8.jpg

Yes. I fear you're right. On the flip side getting in the boot using the switch thing by opening the rear door first is a wonderful new experience. Now I'm off to read about changing microswitches and alternative uses for half a can of Servisol.