More water ingress

Been away for a few days, got back to find a water leak on the kitchen floor...

Then got into the car to find water dripping onto my right hand too… 

The A pillar is wet at the top.  What could be causing that?  The door seal seems to be fine.

Also, as a result of that leak I now have a wet driver's footwell.  Though I don't think it's too bad…ideas?

I've been poking things through the front pillar drain holes - you can see them when you open the door.  Apparently this may stop the sunroof draining and water collects underneath the roof skin.  Maybe that will help.

And yes I have thought that perhaps the windscreen seal is damaged or something...

I think what you describe is the sunroof drain either disconnected at the top or blocked. Easy way to see is open the sunroof and pour water into the drainholes. If you pour it into the front drains it should exit from the black "teats" in the front door jamb. They can get stuck shut or crudded up. Some people cut the end off the teat, which is there I believe to stop insects crawling up the drain.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Solved. After a drenching driving experience where my right arm was soaked and had to use a towel to stop water getting into the car carpet, I decided this morning was the right time to get it sorted. The actual pipe was disconnected at the point where the driver'a side A pillar red tube joins the sunroof gutter drain nipple. Have reconnected by pulling the trim away from the roof a couple of inches just enough to get my hand in there while projecting a beam of iphone torch light to see what is going on. Then poured water into the channel and no water was getting into the cabin. However, contrary to my expectations, water did not flow through either the front door hinge nipple nor through the nipple behind the rear bumper where the rear vent louvres are. Instead it was pouring out of 3-4 holes in the floor pan along the length of the sill. My worry is that this is not what I expected and perhaps is a sign that the main drainage (A and C pillar) tubes are blocked? Based on a Passat diagram I have seen, it would appear that only the A and C pillar tubes are responsible for draining the water and no mention is made of the floor drainage channels so I am baffled.

I wonder if the pipe is disconnected also at the back of the nipple and making its way to the sill from there?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk