key question

Hi all, Just went to lock the car with mt remote fob and noticed it didn't work, the little indicator light on the fob lights up but the car doesn't lock or unlock. My spare fob works o.k. - replaced the battery, inserted the correct way, and still doesn't work. Anybody got any ideas of problem or repair or replace and if replace how much and how long to receive new.

you could try the manual resync method as you have 2 keys. Not 100% but it may tell you how to resync keys in the owners handbook. It did in my old A3 handbook anyway.

If it doesn't work then get the remote tested to see if it's sending a signal. Just because the red LED flashes it doesn't necessarily mean it's sending a signal, just means the LED is getting power from the battery.

Thanks for the reply. Went to Skoda on thursday they wanted the car for 1 hour and would charge 48 quid to program the key, sod that. Went on the internet for advice and got some ideas,  Did it myself in 2 minutes - Not very happy with dealer.

Hi Friendlyfire , Did'nt post procedure because it was a bit hit & miss, lots of different solutions on web sites, but this is what I  roughly did.

1. Put problem Key in the ignition switch and turn on ignition ( did not start the engine)

2. Shut door.

3. Locked the car using spare remote.

4. waited 20 -30 seconds and pressed unlock (twice don.'t know why) on spare

5. opened door removed prolem key from ignition switch and test key .

All took less than 2 minutes.

Amazingly it worked and this is what dealer wanted 48 quid for, what a rip off, I would have thought that this could have been done by the service  people as an act of goodwill P.R. I will not use that dealer, White Dove Skoda , In Cardiff again.