H&R or Eibach Lowering Springs for '14 VRS?

My 2014 diesel VRS sits way too high and it needs lowering :-)

Eibach lowers 25mm/20mm front back and H&R 40mm

I like the sound of 40mm better - both appear to be good brands.

Has anyone gone for the 40mm H&R springs and if so, did you also use spacers (if so, what type?)

Thanks in advance.

Looks great Bellua - is that the car fitted with HR springs in the photo?  If so, any spacers used?

Yes the pic is a week old, after the HR springs were fitted. and no spacers.

And you're happy with the ride quality? Any difference in handling?

The ride quality is better than before, i dont feel all the small bumps on the road as before. Driving in curves is better, minimal roll. and now it is not cross wind sensitive anymore, so I can only recommend HR lowering. 

There's also the cosmetic, it just looks better.

post-110629-0-72182600-1398361967_thumb.jpg

H&R 28833-2 springs (for 5E5 Combi 2.0TDI VRS CUPA 184) quote 40mm front and rear lowering at max. 1011Kg FA loading including the 15mm by which the vehicle is already lowered, i.e. they lower the vRS an additional 25mm from it's current ride height, and 40mm from the standard Octavia's ride height.

Eibach E10-79-010-02-22 springs (for 5E5 Combi 2.0TDI VRS CUPA 184) quote 'circa' 30-40mm front and rear lowering at max. 1070/1030Kg FA/RA loading, and although no immediate technical information can be found, this appears to again include the 15mm by which the vehicle is already lowered, giving a 'circa' 15-25mm additional lowering to the vRS.

I've been informed by my dealer (yet to be verified by SUK) that the installation of aftermarket springs, either H&R or Eibach (despite the fact that the latter are apparently the 'approved' suppliers of the 15mm lower springs currently used on the 5E5/O3 vRS) will void the warranty on the suspension components… so I'd just go for the H&R which I think look better and seem to garner better commentary all-round regarding their ride quality.

Edited by Nookiebear

• 3 weeks later...

Difficult to see from the pics.

Black wheels look good… what are they?

P.S. You've got a kid stuck to the side of your car.

Your car looks great, I would love to lower mine, but having a Great Dane that weighs in at 70 kilo and is still growing provides a temporary drop on the rear suspension.Eibachs or H&R would of been cheaper though !!!

Hope your shocks and tyres wear better than the when I had Eibachs fitted to my vRS mk facelift. Luckily, Skoda warranty covered the issues (on the shocks anyway) as the springs were an option for a short time.

• 3 months later...

Hope your shocks and tyres wear better than the when I had Eibachs fitted to my vRS mk facelift. Luckily, Skoda warranty covered the issues (on the shocks anyway) as the springs were an option for a short time.

Was tyre wear down to the geometry change when it was lowered? Did you get the geometry checked and adjusted after lowering?

I know when I fitted the B12's to my MKII the geometry was miles out all round and took a fair bit of adjusting.