Lowered on 35 H&Rs today (pic)

Hi guys,

Sorry, not been on or a bit. As per Matt says, i avoided the Eibachs as found them disappointing on my early Vectra GSIs. That said, on my Vectra C they were awesome, but i couldnt afford to take the gamble and knew H&R did what they said on the tin! The problem is, ive moved to a brand new house, busy family, new puppy etc.. just didnt have time to fit the springs myself. All in, it was £327 at Awesome. That was supply, fit and full setup up. The springs alone are £140, a decent setup is around £75, so i couldnt see the point in getting messy doing it myself?

Im kinda of annoyed i had to do this really.. the car should have sat right from the start! Its strange, the 10mm less offset on rear wheels was so noticable before.. now you cant even see it! And the car is driving better and better... pics from few nighta ago. They show it still a little high at the rear, and its not exactly decked.. but i love it.. sensible, useable...

This is yesterday.. and then below when i got it.. for comparisson.. like i say, just enough!

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

Edited by MCD
  • Like 2

How do you find the ride compared to standard MCD? I've been thinking of lowering mine for the same reasons but didn't want it looking slammed! Yours looks spot on!

Paul

Hi Paul,

I find the ride better in all ways. It's a little less harsh now. I found the standard ride seriously stiff. This is now similarly hard, but more forgiving and less aggressive on bumps.

It corners better, smooth as ever on motorway, doesn't tram line. Infact, as far as I can tell, nothing negative. I also feel more proud to drive it as I feel it looks right...

Mike

Edited by MCD
  • Like 1

Anyone got a pic of an estate on H+R's? Seen an estate on eibatch 20mm springs and it looked quite low. Im the same i want to improve the looks and handling without all the other draw backs which go with lowering.

Anyone got a pic of an estate on H+R's? Seen an estate on eibatch 20mm springs and it looked quite low. Im the same i want to improve the looks and handling without all the other draw backs which go with lowering.

6ebe6ute.jpg

ypa5e9um.jpg

• Like 2