Fabia Throttle Pedal Parts

Think my Fabia 2.0 MPI needs a new throttle pedal - have been doing some searching on here and seems fairly common (idle is a bit unsettled and keeps revving when changing gear).

Quick question about parts though - are all the Mk1 throttle pedals interchangeable or do I need a specific one for petrol models/2.0 in particular? Cheers.

I've recently replaced the pedal assembly on my VRS SE for the same reason, occasional fast tick-over. Being inquisitive, I dismantled the replaced unit and discovered that it is possible to adjust the zero setting by rotating the cover that holds the resistive tracks; the screw holes in the cover are slotted and it can be turned to reset the zero to compensate for mechanical wear and tear. Might be worth a try before you spend money on a new unit.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did wonder before about a code I found before, but some of the other posts I saw recently looked like the pedal unit fixed the same symptoms I have and thought it was cheaper/easier to try that first.

Just checked codes again, here it is:

P0444    Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit

Would that be a possible cause?

Will get some help checking the intake stuff above and have a look at the pedal. I had noticed there's a few fairly cheap on eBay and I've been meaning to get to my local scrapyard for some trim I need, so that's why I was wondering about how specific the part was.