Xenon Bulbs

Does anybody have any ideas as to where to get Xennon bulbs for my 09 Superb. One of the bulbs is gone and dealer wants €250. for a bulb...

Many thanks

Kk

Edited by Kilkenny

I've seen great reviews about the Osram 'Xenarc' bulbs, supposedly the best in the business but pricey at about £110 each.

Rob

Does anybody have any ideas as to where to get Xennon bulbs for my 09 Superb. One of the bulbs is gone and dealer wants €250. for a bulb...

Many thanks

Kk

If you happen to be in Waterford you can get them in Deevys Motor Accessories (just around the corner from Barretts).  I was quoted around €120 before for a xenon bulb fitted.  Not sure what brand or if still the same price but worth a try as they will fit them properly!

Do the Osram xenarc nightbreakers produce 70% more light than the standard Osram xenarc bulbs?

I fitted a set of these to a previous BMW 3 Series replacing the standard fit bulbs, and have to say that other than being a bit 'whiter', I didn't really notice a notable increase in the performance - not compared to what I expected when reading the '70% more light' claim!!

Does anybody have any ideas as to where to get Xennon bulbs for my 09 Superb.

Kk

BTW Kilkenny I think I have just seen your L&K - did you have it in the dealers today? Not too many brown L&Ks around here so caught my eye as I drove past. ( I just work down the road from there). Anyway Looks very well if it was yours and cleaner than mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies lads. One dealer even quoted €260 for the bulb and wouldn't have it until Wednesday,and that was yesterday morn!!.will look into all the options I have been given.

Superb 170 my L&K is in the dealers in Clonmel at the min for first service. Goin there now to collect it.

Again many thanks lads.

Kk

Be careful where you buy them. There are loads of good looking fakes out there that won't last and the light output will be crap.

A genuine D1S burner should be around £70 a pop.

Thanks for all the replies lads. One dealer even quoted €260 for the bulb and wouldn't have it until Wednesday,and that was yesterday morn!!.will look into all the options I have been given.

Superb 170 my L&K is in the dealers in Clonmel at the min for first service. Goin there now to collect it.

Again many thanks lads.

Kk

Yes I saw it in Clonmel - so that was yours then!  Have you done 15Kkms already and I thought I did high mileage!! Hope you get sorted with the bulbs

16k...and the 09 elegance has 275k km. Got bulb in Barrett's,but kept the old one and am gona buy 2 on the inter web for a small fraction of the cost from Skoda...