New car protection detail

With the arrival of my vRS TSI hatch in Metal Grey now due in the next couple of weeks, I was looking to have the new car detailing protection done by a professional detailer and not the dealers.
Has any one else had this done on their new vehicle? My concern is that having the protection done, how easy is it afterwards to keep the car clean in that do I need wash the car by hand, where as now, I take a quick trip to the local car wash and its jet washed by an army of people and job done!
I have found a firm in Gillingham, Kent as there is no one it appears locally that does the new car protection. I am considering the GTechnic Protection detail, although ,more expensive appears to be a better quality and last longer. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Not sure how far you would travel or what references you have used so far.

You could have a look through Detailing World....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=40246

Gtechniq is good and very popular for sure.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the car though....  :thumbup:

I am getting my car done by Reflectology here in Sheffield. My preference was UNC-V1 with UNC-R on top, should last several years, but looks as though by the time my car arrives it will be too warm to apply so may end up with my backup plan of CQUK (CQuartz) which has a 2 year guarantee.

With ceramic coatings it should be easier to maintain the condition of your car, but still best to avoid some of the very strong chemicals used by your local car wash, not to mention all the swirls they will add.

where as now, I take a quick trip to the local car wash and its jet washed by an army of people and job done!

That will ruin paint fast and the chemicals will remove even the best of coatings....

I had a Gtechniq new car detail a few weeks ago but never put up any photos.  I think I';ll give it another wash and put some up over the weekend.

Overall I'm very impressed with the Gtechniq stuff

With the arrival of my vRS TSI hatch in Metal Grey now due in the next couple of weeks, I was looking to have the new car detailing protection done by a professional detailer and not the dealers.

Has any one else had this done on their new vehicle? My concern is that having the protection done, how easy is it afterwards to keep the car clean in that do I need wash the car by hand, where as now, I take a quick trip to the local car wash and its jet washed by an army of people and job done!

I have found a firm in Gillingham, Kent as there is no one it appears locally that does the new car protection. I am considering the GTechnic Protection detail, although ,more expensive appears to be a better quality and last longer. Thanks in advance for any replies.

KDS Keltec? i've got my car booked in for the gtechniq detail end of this month providing it actually turns up in time.

Their work looks fantastic and I'm sure it will be far better than paying a dealer for some bodge job.

Regards to aftercare, i believe using PH neutral products may be required to prolong the lifetime of the products, i plan to wash the car myself and avoid car washes.

The nature of the detail should mean washing will be quite effortless?

I had my vRS combi protected using gtechniq. Very impressed, especially the wheels as brake dust comes off very easily and look brand new again after each wash. I used a professional detailer rather than the Skoda dealer. The cost was £375.

KDS Keltec? i've got my car booked in for the gtechniq detail end of this month providing it actually turns up in time.

Their work looks fantastic and I'm sure it will be far better than paying a dealer for some bodge job.

Regards to aftercare, i believe using PH neutral products may be required to prolong the lifetime of the products, i plan to wash the car myself and avoid car washes.

The nature of the detail should mean washing will be quite effortless?

Yes it's KDS who I have in mind, although not booked in yet. Thanks also Gizmo for the recommendation. 

AnthonyDi, how long did KDS advise it would take for your car to be treated. I assume from their web site it may take two days? 

Yes it's KDS who I have in mind, although not booked in yet. Thanks also Gizmo for the recommendation. 

AnthonyDi, how long did KDS advise it would take for your car to be treated. I assume from their web site it may take two days? 

I believe its going to take a couple of days, ill be dropping it off on a saturday morning and I'm expecting to pick it up either monday or tuesday after work.

Their a stones throw from the station which is handy as well.