Interior lights problem

Gd evening. So today starting changing the interior w5w bulbs for some 18led ones and big.improvement changed all dome ones no issue got the seat ones in eventually and made a start on the boot ones after installing the first bulb in the boot now none of the interior lights work at all if u open the doors etc or oush the buttons. However when u do push the dome light buttons can just see a few of the less flicker very very faintly. The boot and seat lights do not work at all. The lights in door bottoms are unaffected. So ideas.......

This happens with some leds. Its current running though the system, leds are so efficient, they use so little power that you sometimes get these issues. Upgrading to better quality leds might work, but you get used to it.

I did try that and it doesn't seem to make any difference which made me think fuse however like I say the map lights in the front come on at about 2per cent power when u turn them on so surely cudnt be that. It's become one of those situations where wish I hadn't started the job!

I would definitely check the fuse, just to be on the safe side. Also by taking the appropriate fuse out and then replacing it you will reset the control module for those lights. You might have inadvertently touched two contacts together when you were changing those boot lights. The same happened to me when I was doing lights  at the bottom of the doors. They stopped working even with fuse being fine. Once I have taken the fuse out and then replaced it, lights started to work fine

I can report back that it was the fuse after a quick swap with the air con one to test. Quite surprised as like I say the map lights would still come on a tiny tiny bit  even with the fuse gone so wudnt have suspected that. On the downside there isn't any spare in the fusebox and all my supply arnt mini blades so without lights until I source one. Comments much appreciated!

• 8 months later...