Pet hates - Car related

People who don't take their rubbish out the car. Its no great hardship, my car isn't your skip so don't treat it like you do your own. 

Well done you, tar everyone with the same brush, as soon as we get in a bus that makes us a **** automatically. Same as you automatically become a ****** on your bike because I saw some overtaking badly last week.

To be fair Matt......Many bus drivers do that

More than don't ...IMO

• Like 1

as soon as we get in a bus that makes us a **** automatically. Same as you automatically become a ****** on your bike because I saw some overtaking badly last week.

Congratulations.

In one pithy sentence you have accurately summed up the average bus driver and biker.

God only knows what a bus driving biker would be like.

Well done you, tar everyone with the same brush, as soon as we get in a bus that makes us a **** automatically. Same as you automatically become a ****** on your bike because I saw some overtaking badly last week.

I never called anyone a (insert whatever 4 letter swear word that was supposed to be)

Not all bus drivers do it, no. Its just most. But its too late by the time iv let them out. So i just dont let any go haha.

I dont mind what you say about bikers. Some do overtake badly. But i know its not me that rides badly or dangerously. So i dont mind :).

To be fair Matt......Many bus drivers do that

More than don't ...IMO

I've said before here where I live if most of the drivers done that they'd be a major smash daily. You have some poor standards of driving where you are by the sounds of it but does that mean you treat all of them like they are trying to kill you? I generally treat everyone with respect until they give me a reason not to, maybe I'm in the minority. I've found the majority if cyclists to be pretty inconsiderate but that doesn't mean they all are or that treat them differently (aside from giving them some extra room sometimes) Edited by matt1chelski

I never called anyone a (insert whatever 4 letter swear word that was supposed to be)

Not all bus drivers do it, no. Its just most. But its too late by the time iv let them out. So i just dont let any go haha.

I dont mind what you say about bikers. Some do overtake badly. But i know its not me that rides badly or dangerously. So i dont mind :).

My point is, you don't mind people being a knob to you on your bike because another 5 miles down the road to from you was a knob?

I'm not calling any type of person a knob btw, you or otherwise, it's just the tarring everyone the same mentality I don't get.

Edited by matt1chelski

Not really.

I meant i dont mind what people say about them.

Physically being a knob is different.

I wouldnt consider myself a knob for not letting bus drivers out. Id be happy to let them out if they didnt try to pull out on me with or without checking (being a knob) So im just cancelling out their actions i like to think :).

• Like 1

I've said before here where I live if most of the drivers done that they'd be a major smash daily. You have some poor standards of driving where you are by the sounds of it but does that mean you treat all of them like they are trying to kill you? I generally treat everyone with respect until they give me a reason not to, maybe I'm in the minority. I've found the majority if cyclists to be pretty inconsiderate but that doesn't mean they all are or that treat them differently (aside from giving them some extra room sometimes)

I never said ALL

I too, treat people with respect

I have found some cyclists to be inconsiderate...but more drivers inconsiderate to cyclists!!

Horse for courses

But not the place for this debate now

Thanks for your comments

Not really.

I meant i dont mind what people say about them.

Physically being a knob is different.

I wouldnt consider myself a knob for not letting bus drivers out. Id be happy to let them out if they didnt try to pull out on me with or without checking (being a knob) So im just cancelling out their actions i like to think :).

Ok, so You're happy to let them out if they don't force their way out, but then drive past them when they wait because another driver pulled out earlier on? :D

Guest BigJase88

As far as i am aware you have to give way to buses / let them out?

Thats what i do anyways. Dont know if its law or whatever. Just common courtesy really

Guest BigJase88

Looks like i was right

Highway code 223

Buses, coaches and trams. Give priority to these vehicles when you can do so safely, especially when they signal to pull away from stops. Look out for people getting off a bus or tram and crossing the road.

Of course you give way to buses etc, I do.

Let's not forget they have a hard time behind that wheel, they have the same crap to deal with as we do, just all day, every day and they have a timetable to adhere to.

I'm not excusing any particular incident(s) you nay have encountered just reminding you that the air conditioned sweet smelling pride and joy you drive is a much preferable place to be than the bus driver's cab so take it easy and go with the flow.

There's enough crap to deal with without getting worked up in today's congested roads.

... yeah it's difficult :-)

People that don't know what the NSL is.

ie pootle along at 40 or drive at 50 and when approaching a speed camera slow down to 30-35. Grrr

• Like 1

One I've just seen, sign thingy in the back of a Seat Ibiza "Baby on board, please be patient". The car in question was doing 30mph down a nsl road weaving about while the driver and passenger were trying to do something with I'm assuming the baby on the back seat. WTF? Why does you having a baby mean I need to be patient, if you're not capable of driving in a safe manner and at a reasonable pace then get the bus or a cab! 

Looks like i was right

Highway code 223

Buses, coaches and trams. Give priority to these vehicles when you can do so safely, especially when they signal to pull away from stops. Look out for people getting off a bus or tram and crossing the road.

Yeah i know your supposed to do it, but i choose not to. For reasons iv already said.

I do of course watch out for people crossing the road, and people who could possibly run infront of the bus.

Half the time they sit there signalling to come out, then decide to do something else within the bus. Makes you wonder what the hells goin on. Haha.

Number plate issues:

1) Rear number plates that are not straight/level - especially on a brand new car.

2) Plates installed by the dealer on a brand new car, and rather than use a template, the dealer just self taps into the bodywork rather than the correct holes.

3) People who spend 2 bob on a personal registration, then juggle the characters and/or insert a black bolt in the wrong position to spell their name/initials etc.

4) .......Oh, and just to make sure you understand what they are trying to spell, they print their name in small characters along the bottom of the number plate.

5) Drivers who, for some unknown reason, think it looks cool to have a Black & White number plate on a post 1973 car (the law changed in 1973 to reflective plates).

6) People who fit a very small character number plate (motorbike size) to the front or their car.

7) And finally, those drivers who prop their front number plate on the dashboard, because presumably it has fell off (and they must have heard it fall off at 70mph - then stopped to recovered it I suppose - and used that excuse when/if they get pulled over!). Just screw/stick it back on for God's sake.

Oh and BTW....I hate a dealer's sticker on a brand new car, and remove them immediately.

• Like 3

Guest BigJase88

The numberplate in the window is because it is apparently 'cool' to have a smooth numberplateless front end.... Apparently

Yup, I HATE that with a passion. If I make the effort to let someone out, a simple polite thank you costs nothing, the same as holding a door open for someone etc. Without fail if someone lets me out I'll give them a wave (or hazards/left-right-left if I'm in a bus) every time. 

• Like 2