Hi lads is there any X works felicia kit cars or favorit works rally cars in the UK I know there is a felicia cup cars there is one cup car in N Ireland there was a X works left hand drive  favorit in N Ireland but the last time I seen this car it was stuck in a tree then it disappeared and have not seen for about 5 years

I was think is there any works cars out ???

I don't know, I've not followed rallying all that closely, they certainly are getting thin on the ground now though, they do pop up on ebay from time to time as well, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the homologation approval has expired in 2011 so hy can't be used for competition events anymore, like I said I'm not an expert on this subject. Jim will know, I will probably appear to answer soon.

Yes Tom your right about the homologation it expired in 2011 or about that time but that is for international rallying you can still use them for national rallying i know of 3 felicia rally cars in Ireland 1 cup car and a X works felicia which Tiff Teedell use on the network Q RAC rally in 1996 this car as not got the full kit it as all the right runing gear but no big body kit but he is looking  big money for it and there is the X works favorit which as not  been seen for years 

there is a proper kit car in somerset it did the somerset stages this year I believe it is Andy Burnell's car and is the car Stig used to great effect on the RAC in the snow, every single felly rally car is "ex works" when they appear on ebay tho lol.

Don't know to any more of them around tho I almost bought one from poland a few years back that was very very cheap but the deal fell thru before I could get it.

I lot of lads thing that the cup cars are X works  I though that where would be more felicia rally cars in the  UK I thing that I am the only one still rally one in the N Ireland ok it not a X works car or a cup car it home build 

so that is 2 Felicia X  works car both from 96 RAC rally one Dublin and other in England so there is not so many of them about 

trouble is they were a bit underpowered compared to a nova etc so unless it was a proper job they just got broken for parts or sat in a shed, the parts were just too difficult to get especially back then when the internet was not so common, like if you wanted a lsd for a nova you just rang Hockleys, if you wanted one for your felly or fav you had to do a lot of searching and trust someone from a different country etc.

A properly setup felly will run rings around a good corsa/nova on tar and gravel I know because I pushed a few out the way :) but you have to think outside the box to make them work as not much is available now, good strong cars just make sure you have seam welded the front chassis fully around the inside of the suspension pickups and reinforce the rear wishbone mounting on the chassis rail.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I have an ex works Favorit, LHD and all the paperwork from the factory.

I have used the car on the Scottish Championship for the last 3 years. 

Car is now running, twin 40 webbers, electronic ignition, custom leda adjustable coil overs, (as fitted to the works cars ?)

My son has just rebuilt an ex challenge felicia, N918 TBD   We finished the Snowman 57th this year however the front strut broke on the first stage on the Granite .

my mate also runs a Skoda favorit in the Scottish championship, it is not ex works but goes well, we have lots of fun chasing each other !!

• Like 3

• 2 years later...