Lumbar support broken

dskoda

Hi I am new to the forum so should really say hello first, this is my first skoda 02 reg tdi, recent cars were mondeo, xantia, vento, xantia,xantia, CRX and so on. Xantia was excellent when it worked, mondeo handled well but had to go because of the terrible TDDi hunk of junk so here I am with an Octavia.

On my Octavia elegance the lumbar support seems to have broken, the wheel turns but nothing happens, looks like something has disconnected inside the seat. The wheel eventually reaches an end point so it doesn

• 2 weeks later...

I've got exactly the same thing happening in my 02 Octy Elegance tdi. Only noticed yesterday when I sat in the passenger seat and the lumbar wheel worked ok that side.

Just wondering how dskoda got on, or whether anyone has more info? Is it something a general car mechanic could fix?

• 2 years later...

It's been 2 years and my back is starting to hurt!

Ok, not that much, but it would be nice to get the lumbar support fixed one day. I daren't take it to a Skoda garage as they'd probably charge more than the car is worth. Anyone got any ideas? Anyone want to come round my house (near Swindon) and fix it!!??

• 2 weeks later...