4x4 lowered back looks a lot lower

Damn!! At least in know it was me, the only problem I got I cannot go to standard again, it sits sooo high it's stupid, maybe I will have to make some spacers up, 4x4 setup is a bit different to vrs tho... Anyone fancy making some spacers :) or diy manual :)

Damn!! At least in know it was me, the only problem I got I cannot go to standard again, it sits sooo high it's stupid, maybe I will have to make some spacers up, 4x4 setup is a bit different to vrs tho... Anyone fancy making some spacers :) or diy manual :)

I have ordered these

http://sibreztech.ru/index.php?productID=5087

30 or 20 mm option.

Otherwise something like that

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Hoeherlegung-Spring-Distance-Hoeherlegungskit-Hinten-Weitec-68530070-/251374407116

If you are patient enough to wait for delivery...

Or else, make some teflon or ertalon ones.

Sent from Tapatalk

Edited by OCTAVIA_4X4_ABT

Yes, they are pretty much standard at most 4X4, depending on the PR code on your white label in the trunk. If you have the PR code you see at the attached pic, then you have the correspondive spacer (number 28 in the picture-10 mm spacer 1J0 412 311 A or 20 mm spacer 1j0 412 311). 

Your front is pretty low compared to mine so I guess the spacers have been removed or you have installed lower springs.

post-12537-0-21172500-1399298835_thumb.jpg

Then you have to find out about the spacer. Lift the front wheel and see if you can touch the spacer. If you need more clearance, with the car on the ground, undo the 21mm nut under the hood counterholding with an allen. Then slowly lift the wheel and as the suspension stays down, check for the spacers. For more info check my blog

http://diy-vag-20vt.blogspot.gr/2014/03/top-strut-mounts-replacement.html?m=1#

Sent from Tapatalk

Edited by OCTAVIA_4X4_ABT

I dont think it looks too bad but as someone else said you need to measure the height of the cills.

Check the back of the cill to the floor and then do the same at the front. The front arch comes hgher up the body than the rear.

Also the 4x4 on std springs is suposed to be higher than a std Octavia.

Then you have to find out about the spacer. Lift the front wheel and see if you can touch the spacer. If you need more clearance, with the car on the ground, undo the 21mm nut under the hood counterholding with an allen. Then slowly lift the wheel and as the suspension stays down, check for the spacers. For more info check my blog

http://diy-vag-20vt.blogspot.gr/2014/03/top-strut-mounts-replacement.html?m=1#

Sent from Tapatalk

There is a spacer there! I remember when putting it all back together, will I have to take the shock of to remove it? It's a pain!!

Not necessarily, if you dont have spring compressor tools available, remove the 2 nuts with the car on its wheels. Then slowly lift the car and most likely the absorber shaft will stay down and the spring will push everything else up, including the spacers and the mounts. Proceed carefully...

Sent from Tapatalk

Not necessarily, if you dont have spring compressor tools available, remove the 2 nuts with the car on its wheels. Then slowly lift the car and most likely the absorber shaft will stay down and the spring will push everything else up, including the spacers and the mounts. Proceed carefully...

Sent from Tapatalk

This is very hard to do , and almost impossible without spring compressors as you have to get the strut low enough to remove the inner nut holding rubber top mount and bearing, Ok you can undo from up above in engine bay, but getting top mount off and out the way is tough.  Need to also remove ARB drop link to allow wishbone to drop enough as well.