VRS seats and Airbag light

Well, 

I am a proud owner of the 02 reg Octy Elegance. Few month ago I began with project of transforming my loving TDi into VRS replica.

Everything went well until about a week ago when I replaced the original seats (with airbags) for VRS seats (no airbags).

I was very aware of airbag light coming on if you not going to bypass it somehow. I've found on different forum how to do this.

I went down to Maplin bought two resistors and plug them in airbag connectors under the seats.

Everything was OK for about a day. I even passed my MOT  :whew:  the next day. And then airbag light came on. So I thought I will check all the connections etc. Everything fine. Called my mobile mechanic to reset the light and thought it was over. 

Well, 15 miles later light came on again. 

Is there anyone who experienced something similar or same when replacing standard seats? Any solutions are more than welcome!

Thanks guys!

Just one thought that I might pass on to you - after 25 years of spannering all kinds of cars and motorbikes...

Never assume anything, and never take a failure as gospel.

For example - I have bought brand-new, main dealer AND aftermarket parts, and fitted them to the car expecting to cure a fault. And then found the fault NOT cured - but gone off on a wild goose chase looking at a load of other possibilities, all the while assuming that the brand new part must be ok, as it is brand new. And then, after chasing my tail for hours, discovered that the brand new part was actually dead in the box from new.

Equally, I have done work on cars and bikes, and then had a failure very shortly afterwards. Again, I have assumed that the failure MUST be related to something I have done or disturbed on the vehicle. And again, gone off on a wild goose chase - only to find that the new failure actually had NOTHING to do with what I had done, and was just an amazing co-incidence that whatever it was had decided to fail almost immediately after my initial intervention.

So - I guess what I am saying is that, yes, it is possible that your airbag light problem is as a result of your seat work. That's what you would (and are) assuming...however don't rule out the fact that the failure might be nothing to do with what you've done, and might just be a co-incidental failure at the steering wheel or passenger dashboard...

The true is that I have replaced my steering wheel recently as well, but it was in the car for good few weeks with no faults. I've checked the steering wheel as well as everything else.

Everything seems fine, but it isn't. It would be great if I had a VAG-COM so I could reset it myself all the time, but I can't be calling my mechanic everyday to do this.

Have you check the fuse

Well well well. 

That should be first thing to check I believe right?  ... No I didn't  :think: .

Thanks matey

Ok, so i went to check the fuse and guess what... I couldn't find it.

I check all the fuses just in case and all of them are fine. However I still wanted to know which one it is, so opened Haynes manual and Skoda manual, but I could not find the fuse for airbags.

Anyone knows which one it is?

I am fairly certain it is fuse number 9 I believe.

Hi I've scanned the page with fuses.

I can't see it anywhere.

No 9 is ABS,ESP, Haldex coupling no mentioning of an airbag

post-99399-0-85924600-1399328705_thumb.jpg

You could get someone with VCDS to code out the seat airbags.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

My mechanic told me he can disable all airbags but can't disable seats only. 

On my old mk1 and my wifes A3 i had t oclean the connections on the steering wheel airbag. Can you use VCDS to scan the code?

I will try that. As I said I was replacing my steering wheel recently and I will be doing it again over the weekend, so I will give it a good clean and check all the connections.