Lumpy fast idle following misfire.

Used car buyers do not need to go to Skoda UK for Information or to Skoda Dealers,

Now they have stopped Service Manuals, and alreadythey can not trace cars, cars that have been on the system for a few years.

2 minutes to stamp and sign the back of a Service Manual and do the Letter they are required for the DVLA.

Hardly a challenge,

But if you are happy then on you go, take their word for anything and everything, they do it regularly obviously,

'What is the Worst that can happen?'

I'm not even sure I can being on a pcp pay monthly type scheme. Not sure where I stand where that's concerned.

Besides I wouldn't want to sell a faulty car, unless it was back to the dealership.

Well, on PCP you do not own the car, you are just renting it so go back to the firm you have PCP with and tell them they provided you with a car which is not road worthy and you have no use of at the moment and ask them what can they do, suggesting provision of a vehicle which is actually usable.

EDIT: Actually I do not think SKODA UK has anything to do with it really and the dea;ership is for some reson dragging their feet - holiday season? Cicumvent Dealersip and get directly to SKODA UK to get things moving. Tell them you love the car, how great it was to drive etc, a bit soppy and then come in hard saying that you are extremely dissapointed with the service their dealership is providing you with, this is putting you off etc

Edited by Jabozuma

I'm holding off until I have to give the Rapid back for any developments, following that I will ensure I have all documents relating to the work done so far. At that point if I'm still not satisfied (looking likely) I will engage with trading standards and citizens advice (my mother works there part time and she loves a good "stick it to the man" case)

I'm hoping Skoda will see sense... but I'm not about to hold my breath for it.

go back to the firm you have PCP with...

That's my problem I guess...it's sat in their service centre as we speak, and technically it is useable. But if I use it I know it's mixing petrol into the oil, it's like sitting in a simulated earthquake when started from cold (slight exageration) and the MPG is lower than it should be. Not to mention I'm paying towards a car that I couldn't sell on if I bought outright as it's f*****g faulty.

Technically the pcp is with VAG rather than the dealership... I'm sure they'll be happy to help. *sigh*

If PCP is with VAG then you have much less, if any of a problem. They perfectly aware of the problems and the latest change in VAG management was orientated at improving customer satisfaction by making sure delaers do what they are supposed to be doing, bending over backwards to keep you happy and motoring trouble free. Hence me saying forget about Dealership, go to Skoda UK directly and give them your story in an appropriate way. It is not Skoda being a problem ( I do not believe so from my experience) but the dealers, who should be shown the ropes and put back in their place by SUK. Do not forget that the mk2 vRS is a splendid little piece of kit when working correctly and many people had their cars sorted and are very happy with them. Granted, frustrating and painfull way leads there sometimes and not everybody is prepared to hang along so... up to you I am affraid!

Still fighting the fight to get my paperwork sent, they sounded surprised when I informed them that SUK said I was entitled to have copies of the paperwork for work done. Hopefully I should have paper copies of the history of the work done so far soon.

I do know that my vrs used 0.25l in 621 miles, I don't know the starting or finishing weights ... yet.

Still awaiting a course of action from technical apparently. It's been over a week.

Here is how simple it really is.

At the Dealership the Service Desk Staff or Service Manager puts into the Computer on the Skoda System your Registration Number.

They go to the Service History, & the Warranty History & they print off what is there.

Then they go to the OIl Consumption Test Results, & the Work Sheets & Invoice for the Warranty Work, Parts & Labour & Print that off.

Your Vehicle,

your Responsibility to drive safely on the Roads, you pay the Dealer or your Warranty Provider pays for work on your vehicle.

They like to run 'Secret Service Campaigns', and all on need to know basis,  well Owners & Drivers need to know.

It is only a car after all, & Data Protection is your Data Protection, so since the Information held is about you, just tell them to get on with it.

Print out the Information and hand it to you.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi

Here's a video of my engine.

Does anyone else's make the intermittent high pitched click/tapping noise? I think it's related to the rough idle.

Fabia vrs tsi lumpy cold idle! Clicking?:

Update: I spoke to the manager and he is posting me the paperwork. He also informed me that according to Skoda technical there is nothing wrong with my car...

It was the updated plugs and software that have caused my rough idle supposedly, and my compression is in fact ok despite what I was told. I'm waiting to receive and review the paperwork myself before i decide what to do next...if anything.

I'm drained with this polava!

• Like 1

Did he say what is to get done now to have your car running properly.

Best get Skoda UK to have a proper diagnosis done on your vehicle.

?

What is this stuff about Updated Plugs,

what updated plugs?

Please find out from him who instructed a change of Spark Plugs from those in every other car from the factory for your car.

As far as he's concerned case closed I think. "They all do that, characteristic of the engine" blah blah blah.

I'm hoping the documents will have part numbers, I believe they put in the spark plugs of latest revision...didn't they change the plugs to be used at some point? I also believe that order came from technical.

Safe to say I'm fuming. If that was the case (I don't believe it is) I've wasted all that time and petrol for nothing!

Never heard of any change or technical notice to use different spark plugs, . or to use different spark plugs at the Services or a change from the 40,000 mile schedule.

(some of us fit better plugs, but no knowledge of dealerships fitting other than goes on all the Other Twinchargers.

Case is not Closed if you tell Skoda UK the car is not right.

Best go drive another vRS,  and have a member with a good running one drive yours .

Then you will know for sure.

http://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/skoda-fabia/fabia/33681/10251

Edited by goneoffSKi

Plugs Part numbers were changed, but was few years ago really, not recently.

The sound in the video was akin to high voltage arcing somewhere but hard to tell from the vid...

Matt, are you coming to Blyton? I could bring my compression gauge, plug spanners and feeler gauges to gap your plugs correctly if you want. 

Maybe somebody will have VCDS and can run some proper live tests and logging?

A very kind offer thank you and I'd love to... but it's a 3 hour drive for me and I I have a late one with the family on Saturday.

I probably won't be legal to drive. I may try and get the coils off and plugs out on Sunday afternoon though if the weather's good. I have feeler gauges. I don't have the coil tool though but I have cable ties and ingenuity... and duct tape if I get desperate.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'll make a final update here and leave it alone. I'm still waiting for said paperwork to arrive, some phone calls will follow this post.

On the upside I seem to have fixed the problem they all have by running a bottle of fuel injector cleaner treatment in a tankfull of momentum. The lumpy idle is all but gone, although I've not checked to see if the clicking is gone.

It's either the fuel treatment that has cured it, or it could be that the oil level has dropped a tad. I'll see if the lumpiness returns when the oil is topped up.

Thanks for all the advise, it's very much appreciated. I'm going to concentrate on enjoying my vrs again for a bit now.

Amen! That's why you bought it, to have fun, not chase MPG's or listen for every rattle or squeak coming out of it !

After Blyton Park my vRS runs noticeably better now :).

Go to a track day every 3 months max and your car will be fine :devil:  

I'll see if it's do-able but I think I'm away on a stag do unfortunately. If I came I could potentially convince my bro in law (mk2 Fab vrs) and father in law (rs4) to come too...

My Dad and his touran probably wouldn't be interested...