looking at another new Skoda. Carfile?

rossdook

Hi all - have nearly decided to go for another Skoda after a brief break away. Superb Estate on 0% pcp would be the way to go for us. Carfile seems to have the best price online (I'm a previous drivethedeal customer). They use a dealer in the midlands - does anyone know who it is & can I secure a better deal by going direct to them?

I'd also like to know if the 0% deal will mean I pay more for the car, or will I still be able to get the discounted rate?

Any help much appreciated :)

I wasn't thinking I'd get better discount than a bulk dealer, more's the pity! Just wanting to tap into anyone's experiences etc. Looks like there aren't any so far though! ;)

Hi all - have nearly decided to go for another Skoda after a brief break away. Superb Estate on 0% pcp would be the way to go for us. Carfile seems to have the best price online (I'm a previous drivethedeal customer). They use a dealer in the midlands - does anyone know who it is & can I secure a better deal by going direct to them?

I'd also like to know if the 0% deal will mean I pay more for the car, or will I still be able to get the discounted rate?

Any help much appreciated :)

Hi

I can't answer the question re the specific Midlands dealer and you're very unlikely to get a better deal going direct. In fact a lot of members struggle to get dealers to price match, or, at best, they find someone to price match when presented with a printout from the online broker.

I haven't used an online broker but tend to look at those recommended by Brisky members and I usually find Drivethedeal comes out on top but Carfile are not too far behind.  I've 'deals' sent via Carwow too but they tend to be miles out compared to the other two mentioned.

You should still qualify for the 0% deal with the discount so the car should be cheaper - it's always worth checking the fine detail before you place the order as the brokers sometimes have clauses attached to their deals - these usually relate to finance such as PCP albeit you can often pay more as a cash buyer compared to PCP.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Chubbs

Thanks Chubbs

I used DTD back in 2008 and found it spot on tbh. Carfile seem to have the sharper prices on Skodas just now anyway. They tell me that I can still qualify for the 0% deal, albeit at a slightly reduced discount. I'm hoping to go to them with a spec / model and see if we can work something out :)

I'll let you know how it goes!

• 5 weeks later...

I used Carfile to purchase a VW Sharan SE BMT 140 2012. It was hassle free from start to finish and I saved almost £4K. Jonathan was a pleasure to deal with, I will use him again!