Problem with windows/alarm? Mk2 fab vrs estate

Hi guys, this is a strange one. My neighbour came round and said my car alarm was going off. I went out to have a look. The alarm wasn't going off but both of my front windows were completely down. I'd been out about hour before in car but I didn't open any of my windows as it was ****ing down so I have no idea why my alarm was going off or why both windows were down. Just wondering if anybody has ever come across this before? I did the windows back up and had a quick play and they seem ok. Locking system appears to be working correctly too. Cheers peeps.

This happened twice to me with the windows in close succession bout a year ago

Swapped fobs,put the original in me locker at work out of range

Did it with this fob once 8months ago

Always when wet,could be tiny amount of water near switches?

If it did it a lot a Skoda garage could find it easy

Not so easy (or cheap) when intermittent

Maybe someone on here has bottomed it before now?

If the button on the fob is pressed down and kept pushed in, the windows will open when you unlock the car and close when you lock it.

It could've been accidentally pushed in if you're keys have been in your pocket, just a thought anyway.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the replies. I'll have to keep an eye on it. It was lashing down really heavily so I suppose it could be some water maybe dazz. It's the first time it's lashed down since I've had my motor so I'll see what happens next time it hammers down haha.

Cheers gaz. I didn't actually know that holding fob buttons down opens/closes windows so maybe I did catch the buttons in pocket :-) I'm hoping I did and nothing more serious. Cheers guys

A similar topic came up at the turn of the year and I replied with the following with regard to my Monte Tech estate. Thankfully it's never done it since. I did discover the windows down slightly the other day but am sure that was 'keyfob in the pocket being pressed' rather than anything else:

Interesting to read this! I took delivery of my Fabia Monte Carlo Tech on Friday 20th December. Went out on the evening of Monday 23rd with some friends and it was lashing it down with rain. (Car stayed on the drive all the time with keys in the house.) Came back on the Tuesday morning to discover both front windows (the only electric ones) down and the car soaked inside. Hadn't moved the keys (or had them close enough to the car) since locking it previously.

• 6 months later...

Well. Neighbours knocked on my door tonight and told me that both my front windows were down and the Alarm had been going off. It's not been raining here today, it's damp but no rain since early morning.

Key fob sat in the kitchen too so def not sat on it. Think I'm going to have to take it to Skoda for them to look at now. Think this is the forth time :-(

I have had the issue in the past with more than one car.

& was none the wiser why, (other than on Occasion when locking the car, i had pressed the button wrong and put the windows down.)

I resolved by putting down the windows, using the 'Syncronisation of the remote control',

as described in page 42 of the owners manual.

That worked more than by trial and error, than knowing what i was doing.

Cheers Dazz. Might be worth doing that. I will give it a go!

I was reading up on it last night and there's quite a few posts from seat forums. A lot of the guys there have had the same issues.

One guy said the same happened to him when his neighbour locked her car. Very strange...