Door unlocking

On my previous Insignia all the doors unlocked when I removed the key from the ignition, it seems hit and miss on the Superb, so when SWMBO gets out of the front passenger seat to get shopping out of the back seat in pouring rain she quite often has to wait for me to unlock the back door. I'm sure some times the doors will unlock automatically while other times they don't, anyone else noticed this and should it always unlock all the doors when removing the ignition key?

Regards

Craig

That's to do with the Keyfob setting when isn't it, one press to unlock Drivers door, Second press to unlock the others, don't think that has anything to do with when you're exiting the car does it?, I'll have a look at MaxiDot settings tomorrow.

Edited by EyghonUK

I think it depends on how you unlock the car in the first place when first getting into the car. If you have it set to unlock driver's door only with one press, and all doors on 2nd press - then if you unlock with one press initially, then drive, then get out the car - only the driver's door will unlock. Whereas if you unlocked all doors initially, drive, and get out, all doors should unlock.

Checked this morning and both Auto Lock and Unlock were selected.

Interesting theory there Jake, one that I will pursue.

As far as I remember if the passenger door is opened it will only unlock that door, same if one of the back doors is opened. If the drivers door is opened it will follow the pattern that you used to unlock it, so if you only unlocked the driver door then only that will unlock but if you unlocked all doors on entry then all doors will unlock. It only works from the drivers door though and I can only assume that if your wife is in the passenger seat you allowed her to get in through the door and not clamber over your seat. ;-)

Removing the key on exit does the same, unlocks the same doors as when you got in.

• Like 1

I think that if you also lock the doors manually using the central locking button - rather than the doors locking themselves when you go above [10?] mph - then only the driver's door will be unlocked when you exit the car.  That's the pattern I got to anyway when I was trying to work out what was going on...

Seems like a needlessly complicated way of doing it, can this behaviour be changed with VCDS so that all doors always unlock?, which is how it was on my Insignia, Mondeo and even the Astra before that.

This. total and utter I'T and high technology nugget managed to change the locking from drivers door only to all doors on one blip last night.  via maxi dot.

Same can't be said for turning the winking foglight off or getting the radio to shut up whilst Mrs sat nav is dishing out her orders.

The handbook may as well be writtn in Latin, the same as some of the words used on maxi dot too.. :wall:

• Like 1

This. total and utter I'T and high technology nugget managed to change the locking from drivers door only to all doors on one blip last night. via maxi dot.

Same can't be said for turning the winking foglight off or getting the radio to shut up whilst Mrs sat nav is dishing out her orders.

The handbook may as well be writtn in Latin, the same as some of the words used on maxi dot too.. :wall:

I presume you're talking about the 'cornering lights'? I don't find them very useful and are actually a little off-putting to other road users. Again something that should be adjusted with VCDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I presume you're talking about the 'cornering lights'? I don't find them very useful and are actually a little off-putting to other road users. Again something that should be adjusted with VCDS

Indeed i am, but don't want to upset the pro cornering winking foglight brigade (well documented and argued about elsewhere)  :think:

So, am I to assume these cannot be turned off on maxidot?

Couldn't find it under 'lighting' so presume not.

Crazy, but you can turn the DRL's off!

I really tried hard to see what difference they made whilst cornering, but the light emitted was lower than candle light and barely visible.

Total and utter waste of time imo....and look ridiculous too.

I'm no fan of the cornering lights either and have had at least 5 people over the last 10 months of ownership telling me that I've got a light out.

Some owners swear by them but I don't notice any improvement in night cornering.

I'm no fan of the cornering lights either and have had at least 5 people over the last 10 months of ownership telling me that I've got a light out.

Some owners swear by them but I don't notice any improvement in night cornering.

I'm going to temporarily black the fog lights out with tape until I can get them switched off completely. 

I almost feel embarrassed when they come on tbh. :blush:

Re radio/satnav, turning the radio down using the volume control on the Columbus mutes the radio but not the satnav, if that's what you're after (i.e. no radio at all).

I'll have another look at it today as it seriously needs sorting.

Tar.

Tar.

After mrs sat nav barks her orders, you can listen again to the last order by pressing the dial on the right. Then when she's talking, use the volume dial to increase/decrease her volume. When she's not talking, the volume dial will change the volume of your music.

After mrs sat nav barks her orders, you can listen again to the last order by pressing the dial on the right. Then when she's talking, use the volume dial to increase/decrease her volume. When she's not talking, the volume dial will change the volume of your music.

Would this also work on the missus do you know?  :think:

I'm going to temporarily black the fog lights out with tape until I can get them switched off completely.

I almost feel embarrassed when they come on tbh. :blush:

I often get people trying to convince me that one of my fog lights isn't working! It's one of those ideas that look well on paper but in practice is a bit meaningless.

BTW if you use tape over the fogs make sure you don't have the actual fog lights on as the lens will get quite hot when covered. I see where you're coming from though.

• Like 1

Tar.

On the Columbus, go to Setup and then navigation. There is an option to have nav. Announcements on or off.

Also in 'Tone', you can go into 'volume settings' and 'navigation and voice control' there are options in there. You can select what level you want the radio volume to decease to when the nav. system is active.

Now the missus might be a different story :)

• Like 1

Seem to have sorted it without going into maxidot tbh.

Had to use the sat nav 'in anger' for the first time this morning, and had the radio on at the same time.

If you adjust the volume via the normal  twirly volume button.... (technical term, more details on request).....  on the left whilst Mrs Sat Nav is issuing her orders, it seems to set her volume for future directions. Meanwhile, you can use the radio volume up and down as normal.

Sorted! 

Don't really know what this has got to do with the O.P. mind, so soz for that.  :blush:

I often get people trying to convince me that one of my fog lights isn't working! It's one of those ideas that look well on paper but in practice is a bit meaningless.

BTW if you use tape over the fogs make sure you don't have the actual fog lights on as the lens will get quite hot when covered. I see where you're coming from though.

Indeed, but can't actually remember the last time I used fog lights on ANY car tbh, but point well taken tar..

I presume I'm going to have to find someone local with VAGcom to delete this nonsense, and pronto too?

I'm one of the "pro cornering winking foglight brigade" so I'll ignore the digs! If people are confused by them then I place the blame with them and not the lights.

Being able to appreciate the benefits depends on the types of roads you drive on. Fully or partially lit urban or suburban roads are not where they are designed to help. Dark low speed rural roads is where they shine, literally!

They can't be turned off using Maxidot so you'll have to ask the dealer to do it during it's next visit.