oil consumption test

Who from, the Dealership?

It is an Extended Warranty is it not, so a different case unless you are going to take action against Skoda / VW.

There are members that have had their various expenses for oil and travel refunded by Skoda UK,

& received Extended Warranties and other Gestures as compensation.

Some might be able to comment,

but that was with cars in the Original Manufacturers Warranty, & being repaired under that.

?

Are you not going to Reject the car, or is it now repaired & back on the road ?

Get Tom Chadwick on the phone at Skoda UK CS and don't take any substitutes. He reports to Alistair Stewart Brand Director.

Your treatment has been dreadful ! Loan car or not, you need an immediate resolution to your Case. 

VrsGeo,

GET SOME ACTION FROM HERE!!!!!!

Have you got a case No.from Skoda UK.

Are Skoda UK compiling a history from the current work done by the dealer.

Edited by vrskeith

Fixed. Although not back on the road yet

So do you have a detailed report from the dealer as to what the fix was. Post the New Engine

Have you got an extended warranty? For engine and the fix work carried out?

Have you retained your oil receipts prior to the new engine installation?

I havent got it bk yet. Should b 2moz. Only told on the phone that it was fixed. Replacement ecu was the fix even tho there was no fault code untill 13 turns of the key then oxygen sensor fault turned up. Yep i have reciepts for oil but thats not concern. 9 weeks to diagnose the fault is my problem.

• Like 1

Get your goodwill claim into Skoda UK CS and get some money back at least.

Get a re scheduled start date or further extension date for time off road.

You are paying for the engine warranty? Why?

Warranty company and or Skoda UKCS can't just disown a goodwill claim for oil receipts etc. due to the build up of Customer similar issues.

Skoda cannot, in my view ,wash their hands/turn their back on this CUSTOMER problem. On this KNOWN industry wide problem!

Help e-mail to Honest John, as his organisation appears to be the only mag batting for the Customer /owner!

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

post #46 on the 8th of October was when i said i hoped they had not fried the ECU.

The month since was wasted time, because i am not Derren Brown, the cause of the issue was pretty obvious.

All expense to them since and the disruption to you was needless.

I hope that all is well now,

& that the engine is in OK, and all will be well.

I take it you never got a new Cat.

& they will say you need to follow the Service schedule, even though the engine has new Oil, Filter & Spark Plugs.

Be sure to get a Copy of the Invoice that the Warranty Company are paying for.

If it is the Extended Warranty Underwriter Paying, then there should be 2 Years Warranty on the Replacement Base Engine.

george

• 2 weeks later...

Tom,

I believe your are a trainee at an Audi dealership.

What is their process /procedure for the same engine?

If it is different then ask why.

There should be a consistency of test throughout the VAG  DEALERSHIPS FOR THE ENGINE TEST  

Tom,

I believe your are a trainee at an Audi dealership.

What is their process /procedure for the same engine?

If it is different then ask why.

There should be a consistency of test throughout the VAG DEALERSHIPS FOR THE ENGINE TEST

621 miles/1000km or until the light comes on.

This is what I don't understand and I will be questioning them on that when I ring skoda uk.

• Like 1

Some dealers like to quote the Owners manual for all the VAG engines, & 'May use 0.5 litre 1000 km'  (621 miles)

Surely the official procedure is clear on the New oil, new filter, oil dropped and weighed,   distance covered then oil dropped and weighed.

If you work for a VAG dealership then maybe communicate with VAG and say you want to start with 3.6 litres in 

and see if the car goes 2000 km (1,242 miles)  without a Oil Light or Warning message , 

then have the oil dropped and weighed either when the Light Comes on, or when 2000 km has been covered.

• Like 1

Apparently they have a new tpi which states that you have to do a MINIMUM of 300km, doesn't matter if you go over it.. Anyway dealer told me 300km, skoda uk told me 300 miles, spoke to technical and they advised minimum of 300km. Will update when done.

Last top up of oil we did 427(or 437) miles to one litre,

• Like 1

Apparently they have a new tpi which states that you have to do a MINIMUM of 300km, doesn't matter if you go over it.. Anyway dealer told me 300km, skoda uk told me 300 miles, spoke to technical and they advised minimum of 300km. Will update when done.

Last top up of oil we did 427(or 437) miles to one litre,

Interesting ,thanks for update.

They really are crap at being consistent across  VAG, for a manufacturer who prides themselves on "Quality " at all things in the motor industry!

• Like 1

186 miles & then multiply the oil used is likely to give the figure of 0.3 litres per 621 miles.

It is not a proper Oil Consumption Test, unless you maybe do 10 trips of only 18 miles with cold starts.

Test not fit for purpose and the figure of 0.5 litres of oil used in 621 miles is nonsense as well.

Just go by how much oil a car used in 2 tank fills or 3 tank fills of Petrol,

if it is more than 0.5 litres the engine is gubbed.

Need repaired, which means replaced.   Breather pipe / Valve Mod & ECU update is a waste of time.

Maybe ask your Course Tutor on the VW idea of acceptable oil usage.

Or a Master Tech at Audi should be able to tell you, the VW way is rubbish.

• Like 2