yellow mk1 octavia vrs

P34RC3

Nice car mate, I've been looking at that ramair kit for a while, looks nice, I'm going to order one for my car

Yh I'm really pleased with the kit. It didn't specify octavia in the description but get the 180bhp setup and it will fit perfectly.

• Like 1

Front grill looks nice. Was it tricky to do? How much vinyl did you need?

Thanks. I won't lie. It's not easy. U have to be patient with it. There's plenty of vids on YouTube on how to do it. I ordered 1000mmx500mm. That should be enough to do it twice if the first goes wrong.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not much of an update. Passenger side headlight adjuster has stopped working and my water pump has packed up so cars off the road till I can get it fixed. Managed to fit the tip and dv but needs repositioning and a pipe that goes to the dv needs replacing as it keeps kinking.

U may find if ya cut some length out the pipe it will stop kinking unless you mean the vac hose, I took my cover off to stop mine kinking over, not a cover fan if im honest

I think it's because my tip isn't in the correct positio. Orderd new genuine cambelt kit and hydraulic tensioner along with a new waterpump. Just need to get a garage to do it now I'll be back on the road again :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been a while since last update. So had a new cambelt, water pump and hydraulic tensioner.

Also tackled the rusty sills. A friend has cut and welded in new plates I'm just finishing off spraying up the sills and front and rear arches near the skirts as they had abit of rust too.

Going to see about dropping the fuel tank over the weekend as there is some rust up near that.

Rust rust rust. No way near as bad as the mk2 golf I had tho lol.

Looking at getting a remap and front and rear anti roll bars. Still undecided on which brands.

Iv also removed and sold my 007p and I'm running with the standard dv. My front badge fell off or was stolen so iv now got a new shape skoda badge.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i really must do my deletes :p

Yeh it's a must do really. Get yourself a catch can too. Had shark map out my secondary air pump and charcoal canister. Forgot the two under the inlet manifold but going to wait for a decat then get the lot mapped out.

• Like 1

Glad it's staying but get the bump strips painted totally transforms the car, makes it look more moddern, thought about launch control as well ? Or pop and bang on let off/run down

Was toying with painting the bumpstrips when I first got it. Seen a couple of cars it looks good on but others it didn't suit.

I'd love pops and bangs. Miss that from my focus St lol.

• Like 1