Heated windscreen and seats on 1.4TSI

I am new to this so I might not be posting this in the right place.

Just bought a new Octavia estate 1.4 TSI. it was supposed to come with heated windscreen, seats and screen washers, the Winter Pack. Did not realise until I got home and started to play with all the buttons etc that it doesn't have this Winter Pack that I paid for. Called salesman and he said I can't have it on a 1.4tsi. I Googled this and I got  a Briskoda Forum from last year where someone was told the same thing then later was told they could have it I am a little annoyed and being duped.

Anyone else having this trouble? Apparently it  varies from country to country so it is nothing to do with engine size.

If you ordered it, and the salesman accepted the order with winter pack on it and you have documentation to that effect than legally the garage is in breach of contract if they didn't inform you that that particular option was not available. Read carefully the terms and conditions on your order paperwork to see if they have any weasley word get out clauses. If there  are no get out clauses inform them, in writing, that your car is not as ordered - but do it very quickly as you have taken delivery.

At the very least they must refund you the cost of that option.

The latest and previous paper brochures both certainly say you cant have the winter pack on the TSI engines. I'd be taking the car back to them and you at the very least need to get the price of the option refunded.

I'd expect that if it's specific to the TSI engines that it will be something like the electrical waveform produced by the petrol engines on the UK spec car is somehow not compatible with whatever VAG system they use for it all. We have to remember that UK car tax laws differ to that in the rest of europe so it could be that to meet the figures for our bandings that it ruins compatibility for our market. Another reason that the co2 target figures for car manufacturers are an irritation.

It does seem a bit unreasonable in this digital age that errors like this can happen and that you've managed to get the car through from point of order to your door step with the option specified entirely missing and no one notice. Hopefully they sort it out for you to your satisfaction.

Edited by Astec123

This is the exact text copy & pasted from the brochure.

Winter pack Heated washer nozzles, front windscreen and front seats**

** Not available on TSI engines (excluding vRS). If ordered in conjunction with leather and heated seats, price will reduce by £200 (RRP inc VAT)

The latest and previous paper brochures both certainly say you cant have the winter pack on the TSI engines. I'd be taking the car back to them and you at the very least need to get the price of the option refunded.

I'd expect that if it's specific to the TSI engines that it will be something like the electrical waveform produced by the petrol engines on the UK spec car is somehow not compatible with whatever VAG system they use for it all. We have to remember that UK car tax laws differ to that in the rest of europe so it could be that to meet the figures for our bandings that it ruins compatibility for our market. Another reason that the co2 target figures for car manufacturers are an irritation.

There are quite a few UK TSI owners on here who have the winter pack.

This is the exact text copy & pasted from the brochure.

Winter pack Heated washer nozzles, front windscreen and front seats**

** Not available on TSI engines (excluding vRS). If ordered in conjunction with leather and heated seats, price will reduce by £200 (RRP inc VAT)

Its not that simple, thats what the current broucher in Leicestershire says but, what did the Northern Irish broucher at time of order say and whats detailed/paid for on the order form ? because that is the contract in law.

Forget a refund of the winter pack price, if contract documentation shows the car isn't what was ordered, you can refuse it, give them the car back, ask them when you'll get what you've ordered from them, if a trade-in was part of the deal, ask them for that back till they get you what you've ordered.

Depends how important the winter is to you, if mine had arrived without the crew protection I'd have just refused it, crew protection keeps my kid in back as safe as we are in the front, thats important whether, you choose to negotiate discount over something you'd have really liked is upto you.

Thanks for all the replies. Dealer is going to adjust the bill to refund me the cost of the winter pack. Would have like the heated windscreen and washers, but will live without them. I really like the car. It's  got the DSG and a pleasure to drive. I have driven the old torque converter automatics and with a small engine they were gutless.

Fuel consumption appears to be higher than I expected, about 41 mpg. My previous car was a 2.2l Mondeo diesel and consistently got 44 mpg, but was not as quiet as the Skoda.

• Like 1