Just been to see this

The SE isn't worth the premium that's being placed on it atm, you can buy a standard vRS and upgrade it to better than SE spec for a heck of a lot less and it'll be a better car for it.

• Like 1

Yeah true but I'm in Devon so limited for places to take it to. So trying to get one with leather already in it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Like I said a Pulse he's only in Birmingham and a top lad and his works top notch.

Yeah true but I'm in Devon so limited for places to take it to. So trying to get one with leather already in it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I suspect there are fewer VRS's with leathers in than there are SE's though, that would be the only problem!

I definitely agree with the hpi checks by the way too, a plus one for that point.

JRJG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you have some figures to work with, you could get leathers to fit for £200-500. Depending if you DIY or get someone to do it, and what leathers you fancy. Food for thought.

It's worth whatever someone will pay - it'll probably go for around £7000.

Dealers are asking this price for them anyway so I the market dictates that price it must be for a reason.

• Like 1

Ouch.

That's nearly what I paid for my car with half the mileage and a much higher spec!

They've held their value well.

Phil

You can get a decent Octavia VRS for that dosh. Or if you dislike the PD170, a Jetta or a Leon etc.

Absolutely no point paying £7.5K for a Fabia VRS in blue. When new, yes, absolutely... As apparently the damned things never depreciate... But now, no way.

Given that the Fabia VRS doesn't handle, doesn't stop and doesn't go all that well as standard.... I can't help but feel that holding out for a numbered BLUE one would result in disappointment.

J.

Given that the Fabia VRS doesn't handle, doesn't stop and doesn't go all that well as standard.... I can't help but feel that holding out for a numbered BLUE one would result in disappointment.

J.

Eh? why?

• Like 1

He just said why ! :rofl:

"It doesn't handle, stop, or go well as standard"

The argument for getting a far cheaper one, more fettled for proper handling etc, just not blue or with stitched number in the seat (those are the key differences aren't they?).

Certainly would have made a cracking buying proposition for someone from new, bloody lunacy to buy second hand now as Vindaloo says (unless you can get one private for £5.5K odd). However prices seem to be going North, firstly from the dealers and privates trying to follow the same lead despite not offering warranty etc lol!  :rofl: 

Don't do it!

The SE is worth it IF you can get a good price on one and technically they should hold their value better being a limited edition but there's no point paying over the odds for one, same goes with any car.

Private seller to by the looks of the advert. Have you tried to haggle with the seller? I'd say it's about £1000-£1200 overpriced, a dealer would do well to get that sort of asking price!

It is an older design now but not a lot offers the same performance and smiles (I mean smiles not miles) per gallon!

Just fitted some 312's to mine and that provides a lot more confidence.

Don't understand the hype? It's the last of the decent warm diesel hatchbacks in that class. The new 1.6 can't touch it, and yes I have driven one and owned a mk2 vRS.

Leather's overrated anyway. 

I found it annoying in my RX-8, removed it from my 330d and replaced with alcantara/fabric,  and will most likely come to curse it in my E30 too (but I won't swap it, as I don't want to change from the factory spec in that car).

The blue is nice though, but not worth paying more for IMO - it's only a colour - mechanical condition is what counts.

Dealers are trying to make a living, the Fab is seen as an in demand car (sporty, economical, solid reliability). Its over a grand over book, it'll be worth far, far less in 12 months. IMO steer clear from little garages, remember where they buy them from?... The auction?... For 2.5k less than the asking price....

Buy private, you know what you're buying and you'll get it cheaper. Pretty simple

Edited by fabialousvrs

I recall talking to an ex-colleague about my VRS many years ago. He aspired to own one. All the extra little bit and pieces raised the level of the interior enough above the usual budget bland... And the bodykit looked good.

If looking for that sort of spec now, in a second hand car. It behoves one to consider other vehicles, especially where depreciation can mean getting a vehicle with a much higher new price tag.

My own experience is that larger cars tend to fall quicker and harder than smaller ones. Also, that flagship models command a premium. So aim one or two models down, on a slightly larger car. You'll likely get a better spec car for the same money.

HTH

J.