Darkside egr delete fitted today to BLT.

Fitted the darkside egr delete today and removed the egr cooler setup. Now need to sort a map to get rid of the engine management light.

As I am bit of a have a go mechanic I underestimated the fact that all the coolant would empty when I started disconnected the pipework. I knew some would at least come out and thought I would be able to manage it... I was wrong.

Now this resulted in the coolant essentially emptying in the engine bay. Is engine coolant potentially harmful to anything it could have gone on? Car is running fine and everything is now dry however I just thought I had better check with you guys.

20140517_184704_zpsoldyq8cn.jpg

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Yeh all will be ok mate. Just check coolant level after driving it alittle. To make sure all air is out .

I blanked my egr but left cooler attached. No harm in it being there so I couldn't see need to go through hassle with messing with coolant

Cheers mate. Yes went for a drive from derby to Nottingham earlier and topped it up when I got home.

I will give you the fact that removing the cooler is a pain lol getting to the mounting bolts round the back is a nightmare.

I feel better for it being out though, it's a right hulking bit of metal. I think it looks slightly less cluttered and neater now.

The coolant pipe from darkside was well pricey though for what it is.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3