Techy DPF info

muddyboots

Looks as if we should start changing over to a petrol engine now, with the news today, an extra £10.00 to enter London, Birmingham and Leeds, in a few years. So diesel cars will cost a lot more to

run me thinks..

Muddyboots, while you are in the DPF frame of mind, would you try the effects of running on premium diesel

and comparing them to your "normal" diesel results.

On my Ford Focus 1.8TDCi using almost exclusively premium diesel the emmissions level dropped year on year.

according to my MOT results.

I am running a Yeti 2.0 110 Elegance at the moment.

Edited by gumdrop

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update...

Been keeping an eye on the mileages at which active regens have occurred, and it's generally every 200-250 miles.

Normal driving tends to be closer to 250 miles, hard driving brings it down around 200 miles, or occasionally slightly less. 

As I drive around 400-450 miles per week, that's roughly 2 per week. 

Would be good to know if this is similar to other, standard CR170 Yetis ?

However I suspect because the process is so unobtrusive, perhaps a lot of people won't really notice.

I tend to drive the same route every day to/from work, and there are usually 2 or 3 stretches where it begins; I can usually predict which day it'll happen so my ears listen out for the slight change in exhaust note (most noticeable around 1500rpm) and slight increase in idle speed.