looking for a reputable remap and dpf

hi i am new to this forum and forums in general i have a 2008 skoda octavia vrs 170pd i am looking to have the dpf internals removed leaving the canister in place so its still a pass on the m.o.t after the dpf removal im looking to have a remap.Does anybody know of a place that can do this for in the leeds area and what kind of money will be expected to pay....thanks matt 

Another vote for Shark. This sort of stuff needs doing properly.

The price depends on the map.

I was quoted £449 a year or two ago for a stage 0 map (no performance gain) and DPF delete.

A stage 1 and DPF delete was around £600 I think.

You can have the DFP gutted, but I daresay it won't be too long before there's a test to detect removal. Having a DPF put back into the system probably won't be cheap either.

Most DPF equipped PD170 vRS's will be long dead before the MOT test is changed to allow a 100% DPF-absent confirmation.

A new DPF is around £1,200 fitted. Having it professionally gutted and mapped out is less than £500.

If you plan on keeping the vRS until it dies then my money will be on the DPF being the major influence on the decision to fix or scrap the car.

If I still had my PD170 it would be DPF'less by now (it started to cause issues at 70,000 miles).

The MOT wouldn't concern me. The insurance companies view on it being absent after an accident did, so I sold it on and bought the more reliable CR / DPF combination.

Maybe this drifts a little too far off topic but...

Lets say they introduce the "DPF must be there for an MOT pass if the car was manufactured with one" legislation on 1st April 2015.  Will it not be the case that they will only be able to apply it to cars registered on or after that date?  As far as I'm aware there is no legislation preventing removal at the moment and provided the car passes the soot test it will pass the MOT.  So they cannot introduce retrospective legislation to render you liable for prosecution or penalty for what you did perfectly legally yesterday, or last week, or last year.

Just a thought - I ain't a lawyer!

Maybe this drifts a little too far off topic but...

Lets say they introduce the "DPF must be there for an MOT pass if the car was manufactured with one" legislation on 1st April 2015.  Will it not be the case that they will only be able to apply it to cars registered on or after that date?  As far as I'm aware there is no legislation preventing removal at the moment and provided the car passes the soot test it will pass the MOT.  So they cannot introduce retrospective legislation to render you liable for prosecution or penalty for what you did perfectly legally yesterday, or last week, or last year.

Just a thought - I ain't a lawyer!

Yes they can, they also did it for cats.

It is phrased that way so it has no problem being applied. If they said all diesels must have DPFs that wouldn't have gone through as so many were manufactured without them.

As silver1011 says, your insurance will likely be invalid either way, as you either tell them you have modified the car so it is no longer road legal (at which point they will likely tell you to bugger off) or fail to declare a 'performance' engine mod.

Hi all just a reminder that the MOT test is nothing other than a visual inspection ie no covers / wheels can be removed if the item can't be seen it can't be tested.

The tester is not allowed to take the exhaust system apart to see if the internals of the DPF are still there, even if the cat or DPF has been welded up after the internals have been removed the tester can only test on what he can see and the car would still be a pass providing the rest of the car and emissions are ok

Basically if it looks like a DPF it is a DPF