Playing music from an SD card on the PID

LordVader

Picked up my new Citigo yesterday, lovely it is.  Have been very impressed with the PID, despite being a bit worried by some of the comments on here... I actually think it's a rather good bit of kit.  Going to give it a proper test over the next few days with about 500 miles of driving!

Anyway, one feature I like is the ability to insert an SD card.  I've got a 32GB one with my entire music library on it.  I have worked out how to select tracks, and how to get it to play randomly.  So far so good.

However, whenever I turn the ignition off, next time I restart the music doesn't restart from the SD card.  In fact, if I go into the Media option it has reverted to AUX.  Selecting the SD card option starts from scratch, reloading the entire library and playing the first track alphabetically.

Has anyone worked out a way to get it to restart at the point where it finished off?

Mine used to start where is left off as I should....then I "upgraded" it and it's does exactly what your does :-(

Garmin need to sort it really!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems hit and miss t really. I find pausing before switching off sometimes does the trick, sometimes not. Sometimes the unit defaults back to starting from the first file in the directory, sometimes first file in root, most often returns to start of file that was playing, just occasionally returns to where it left off.

Is it just me or is Fresh a buggy pile of ****e too?

I think its to do with the way it was recorded,on mine half hour radio shows follow on and restart at the correct position but if I have recorded music one track after another it always goes to the beginning. 

Mine seems fine. I have sd card in mine and i switch between radio for work drive and then sd card and aux most other times. My sd always goes back to where it was

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Mine is hit and miss.  Sometimes it's fine and plays from where it left off when I press the media button, other times I find it's defaulted to Aux and that just totally confuses it.  I also get the 'frozen screen' where it looks as if it's playing the music but actually it's just stuck on that screen and I have to remove the unit until it emits a beep then replace it - then it goes back to the beginning of that song.

I've tried switching off several different ways and none have proved completely successful all of the time :wall:

Yep, Fresh is a load of rubbish too and why are the add-ons so expensive?  My son found the Garmin site and saw all the fun things you can add to your Nuvi or whatever it's called - silly voices, dashboards, icons and asked if I could add some to the Citigo unit.  It doesn't support any of that except you can buy a voices pack but it's really expensive.  Not that I mind not having daft voices but it would be nice to have the choice.

• Like 1